Illinois lawmakers are trying to keep a lid on spending, but a drafting error in a budget plan they approved would allow only $35,000 to run the entire state government for a year.
The Army Corps of Engineers has turned back requests by federal lawmakers and the barge industry to release more water from the Missouri River, believing the drought-starved Mississippi River it feeds still will remain open to shipping despite mounting concerns about water levels.
Thousands of state workers are still fighting for the pay raises the governor canceled this summer, and some lawmakers are now joining the fight.
As Indiana lawmakers head toward final passage of so-called “right to work” legislation, Gov. Pat Quinn is calling it a bad move that won’t help Indiana compete with Illinois for business.
The Illinois House has approved a package of tax breaks designed to keep retail giant Sears and the Chicago-based financial exchanges
Illinois lawmakers return to Springfield today to finish the fall veto session.
Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago) says if lawmakers are supposed to find a way to build the state payroll, they should be involved in negotiating labor contracts.
Overriding a veto from Gov. Pat Quinn, Illinois lawmakers have given power companies in Illinois authority to raise rates every year for the next decade to pay for modernizing the state’s power grid.
A measure to allow Illinois residents to carry concealed firearms has failed in the Illinois House, despite support from most Republicans and some conservative Democrats.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson isn’t thrilled that Wisconsin lawmakers are taking it on the lam to Illinois.
Wisconsin Democrats who left the state to block a vote on sweeping anti-union legislation might stay in hiding for weeks.
Lawmakers left two big pieces of unfinished business when they went home after voting to raise income taxes. One would make Ill. a less expensive place to do business, and the other would get billions of dollars into charities and companies struggling to survive.
Illinois House Republicans want to change the Illinois Constitution to put an end to the General Assembly’s lame duck sessions following an election.
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.175
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.312
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!