54-year-old woman and her 21-year-old son are out of the hospital after being rescued from a fire that engulfed their Lawndale apartment. WBBM’s Bob Roberts spoke with some of those affected and one of their rescuers:
A man is in critical condition after he was struck in a hit-and-run crash Sunday morning in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood.
There’s going to be an investigation into a fire that destroyed trucks overnight in the southwest suburbs.
A woman was found dead in a West Side park Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
A 21-year-old man was critically wounded in what police believe was a gang-related shooting in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood early Saturday.
One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
Teen boy was shot in the head Sunday afternoon in the Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side.
A man suffered three graze wounds to the head but suffered no serious injury when gunfire rang out in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood.
A motorist was shot while driving home early Saturday in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood.
Antonio Lewis, 29, is accused of fatally shooting Maurice Vortes on Sept. 29, 2011, in the 1500 block of South Kedzie Avenue
Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
One person is dead and three others wounded from gun violence in the city between Friday evening and Saturday morning.
A man who was fatally shot in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood early Saturday — who also had an extensive criminal record — was the last of his mother’s four children to be killed in acts of violence in Chicago, police and sources said.
A man was killed in a drug-related shooting in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood Tuesday morning, police said.
A man was shot and killed early Sunday in the Lawndale neighborhood.
Three people have been killed and five others wounded in Chicago gun violence since Friday afternoon, authorities said. Many of the shooting victims, including two of the people killed, are teenagers.
A teenage boy was killed Friday during a shooting in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood.
A 4-year-old girl burned badly in a fire over the weekend has died, Cook County health officials said Monday.
About twenty people, including children, were displaced when a blaze erupted at an apartment building in the Lawndale neighborhood Saturday night, authorities said.
Four of the victims suffered severe burns and two people died.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.225
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!