Ahead of a key government jobs report to be issued Friday, a Chicago firm said layoffs are picking up in the U.S.
The Illinois government agency that looks into complaints against doctors announced it will lay off investigators starting Tuesday and warned of yearlong delays in physician licensing because the Legislature didn’t act to bail out the medical watchdog unit.
The city told them in May it was privatizing their jobs, but the workers say they were hoping to keep working.
A new survey finds that planned job cuts by employers picked up a bit last month but still were way below a year ago.
A few hundred employees of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services rallied in front of the Thompson Center this afternoon, protesting layoffs at the agency.
Shh. Don’t breathe a word. Be quiet about unemployment in Illinois, about 750 workers being fired by Motorola Mobility.
Severe cuts coming to schools in Gary, Ind. The Gary Community Schools district is getting ready to lay off 169 teachers.
Vanguard West Suburban Medical Center says it’s eliminating 39 positions. A spokeswoman says that includes some vacant positions – and some layoffs – and that they include nurses and administrative staff.
It’s the time of year dreaded by suburban school districts – when RIFs, or reductions In force, are announced.
Owners of 7-Eleven stores are warning of massive layoffs to come, unless the Illinois Lottery protects them from competition from the online sales that are expected to start this year.
Sears announced Thursday that 100 people will be laid off at its Hoffman Estates headquarters, despite millions of dollars in forthcoming income and property tax incentives.
The Chicago Teachers Union wants federal investigators to review the school board’s teacher layoff policy to see if it has unfairly impacted African-American teachers.
More job cuts are coming at the Chicago Tribune.
When Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s budget passed, an agreement had ensured that Chicago public libraries would close only on Monday and Friday mornings. But that has now changed.
If you still mail a check to pay your bills, it’s going to take longer for them to get where they’re going starting in January.
The Alberto Culver plant in Melrose Park is shutting down, and about 600 workers will lose their jobs or be forced to transfer.
A grim holiday season for hundreds of Chicago area employees who stand to lose their jobs at a popular chain of gyms.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Cook County has begun sending out nearly 100 layoff notices, the first round of more than 1,000 layoffs that Board President Toni Preckwinkle has proposed for next year. A spokesman for Preckwinkle […]
Addressing a range of issues in his office Wednesday, Gov. Pat Quinn did not bite at a suggestion that he might flip-flop on layoffs and facility closures.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle has proposed a first-ever fee for parking at the county’s criminal courthouses, as well as a $150 fee on residents of unincorporated areas for county police protection as part of her budget plan for next year.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!