Forget respectable, on a unseasonably cool evening in Chicago the Bulls cooled the Heat off and snapped the second longest winning streak the NBA has ever seen, in an environment that hasn’t been seen lately during home Bulls games.
“The atmosphere – the crowd was crazy into it and it was a competitive environment” Luol Deng said of Wednesday night’s setting at United Center.
The Miami Heat’s 27-game winning streak was snapped Wednesday night by the Chicago Bulls, 101-97, when a furious comeback by LeBron James and his teammates fell short.
Injuries have plagued the Bulls this season, but their reputation remains the same with the NBA’s best.
Even King James and the Heat have taken notice of the Blackhawks unprecedented streak of earning a point in the first 24 games of the season, en route to a 21-0-3 record.
If you’ve had access to the Internet over the past two weeks, then you’re probably familiar with the Harlem Shake.
Chicagoans can be forgiven for assuming that their hard-ass NBA coach has burned out his connection to the team. It has happened before.
Can the Bulls salvage a first-round playoff victory? Maybe. But it’s not about this year or next.
Manti Te’o has taken criticism from just about everyone.
LeBron James is not only insanely good at basketball, he’s also a freak of nature.
There wasn’t much to cheer about during the Bulls’ loss to the Heat at the United Center last night.
If you’re a Bulls fan and feel the two games to date with Miami haven’t been the same with Rose out, you’re not alone.
The numerous retrospective looks at Jordan’s impressive accomplishments should simply be proud opportunities for those who enjoyed his work so thoroughly.
Nobody wins if a rushed rehabilitation brings complications and unforeseen risks – not the franchise, not Rose, not even all-powerful Adidas and the glitzy commercial serial they are filming along the way.
Somebody has to do something to make the coach understand that the goal of the regular season is not to pile up wear and tear on a team’s most important veteran players.
President Barack Obama honored the Miami Heat for winning the 2012 NBA Championship title after falling short just a year before.
You can call LeBron James a lot of things.
Armed with his first NBA championship ring, Heat superstar LeBron James has been named Sports Illustrated’s 2012 Sportsman of the Year.
The moment LeBron James emerged as an elite, league-changing talent, the debate began.
Illini fans should know not to get their hopes up that Jabari will indeed bring his road show to Champaign in 2013.
Osama bin Laden’s former translator, Muhammed Rahim, thinks James should apologize to the city of Cleveland.
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.315
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7027
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!