In former Cubs broadcaster Bob Brenly’s words, his negotiations with the Cubs on a new deal this offseason just sort of fell apart.
The day after the Cubs announced Jim Deshaies would be joining Len Kasper in the TV booth, the veteran pitcher and broadcaster joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show.
Len Kasper has a partner again.
The search for a Cubs TV color analyst seems to be down to five men. And in typical Cub fashion not a one of the names is terribly exciting.
When it comes to replacing Bob Brenly in the TV booth, the Chicago Cubs don’t just need a color man for 2013.
It doesn’t take any kind of experienced scout to see outs being made, or any kind of analytical wizard to see month-by-month batting numbers sliding into frightening territory.
As Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer work to improve the Cubs’ farm system, valuable Major League players may be traded for prospects.
It’s safe to say this hasn’t been the start to the season Cubs fans were hoping to see from veteran reliever Kerry Wood.
In 11 seasons with the Cubs, Carlos Zambrano won 125 games, had a 3.60 ERA and hit 23 home runs in 659 at bats, but what fans may remember more is what could have been.
Now that the Albert Pujols domino has fallen, it’s only a matter of time before Prince Fielder’s goes, too.
While the question of who will become the next Cubs manager still looms around the North Side, one Cubs expert thinks the hard part in righting this organization has been done.
This will be a Cubs team run like you’ve never seen one run before.
The Cubs believe they have the baseball man that will take them to their first World Series title in 103 years, but that World Series might be a few years in the making.
To this point, it’s would appear to be a foregone conclusion that Mike Quade’s run at manager on the North Side is over.
Regardless of any trades the Chicago Cubs make this season, the organization will likely have a few holes to fill going into 2012 as a result of expiring contracts.
With the second-worst record in baseball, the Chicago Cubs don’t really have a realistic chance of making the postseason.
Although the Cubs have been playing better over their last few series, the club still sits under .500 and it’s looking more and more like they won’t be able to hang around and contend in the division.
Cubs broadcaster Len Kasper has signed a five-year extension to remain with the team through 2016.
As sabermetrics continue to become more and more commonplace, we’re beginning to have a different view of the statistics that were once thought to be important when evaluating baseball players. One of these stats is strikeouts.
Not only is 21-year old Starlin Castro the Cubs’ most promising player for the future, he can easily be considered the best player on the their roster right now. But through the first 42 games of the season, Castro has hit in five different spots in the lineup.
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!