Let’s Get To Work
Jobs from health care to sales are all seeing increases in listings in the Chicago metro area.
Beverly Billy started her own non-profit organization to help women move on from abusive relationships.
Get an inside look at what it takes to be a clinic coordinator for a public health department.
Professional and business services jobs showed significant gains year over year in the Chicago metro area.
Smart businesses of all sizes in Chicago are using social media to reach new customers.
Patty Nedved believes advanced degrees help nurses gain a better perspective on patient care.
Debra Albert in Chicago explains the role that education has played in her career as chief nursing officer.
Ed Liberman has been teaching and working in I.T. for 15 years. He explains why education is vital for technology professionals.
Terrence J. Longo of The Chicago Lighthouse explains how his non-profit helps the unemployed blind.
The professional and business services sector leads the way in job growth in the Chicago metro area.
An I.T. expert in Chicago shares his experiences getting educated and landing a great job.
Patrick Elward of Chicago built his company on both knowledge and education.
Computer and mathematical-related jobs are in high demand in the Chicago metro area.
For one local recruiter, finding management candidates with a strong education is key.
Intensive Care Unit Manager Barb Pudelek explains why education is at the heart of her career.
Chicago’s nonprofit jobs sector is large, growing and, in some cases, lucrative.
Kristin Solis teaches first grade at Euclid Elementary School. Find out why she loves her job.
Take advantage of scholarships offered to Chicago students to forgo debilitating student loans.
Step one to landing a great job? Update all online profiles.
Succeeding in a web admin role in Chicago takes a strong education and diligence.
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!