Students and faculty on the campus of Northwestern are breathing a sigh of relief today after one of its journalism graduates was released from Libyan custody after more than 42 days of captivity.
A suburban Chicago area businessman is just back from a harrowing experience assisting the rebels seeking to oust the Gadhafi regime in Libya.
Friends and family of James Foley, a Northwestern University alum, held vigils Sunday to demand that the reporter be released by the Libyan government.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk says he believes the Libyan rebels should be given weapons to help them overthrow the Gadhafi regime, but Sen. Dick Durbin says that he believes the rebels need an effective command structure far more.
Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan on Thursday again condemned U.S. involvement in the conflict between rebels in Libya and dictator Muammar Qaddafi.
The Burshan family of Naperville — whose patriarch is in Libya — were all ears Monday night as President Obama outlined his strategy to make it easier for Libyans to overthrow their repressive government.
Members of an Illinois Air National Guard unit have been deployed to Libya to refuel aircraft enforcing no-fly zone as part of the international military effort against dictator Muammar Qaddafi.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) is voicing support for the actions being taken in Libya.
If Walter Jacobson were king, how would he handle the question of whether to go to war in Libya?
The state’s junior senator hopes President Obama delivers more clarity on what he hopes to achieve in the air strikes against Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi’s miltary forces.
U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.) is raising concerns about the United States involvement in a bombing campaign in Libya.
A Naperville man from Libya is in his home country now, and his family here anxiously fears for his safety amid the U.S.-led strikes against Muammar Gadhafi’s regime.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk has applauded the idea of U.S. support for enforcement of the no-fly zone in Libya, which he believes will tilt momentum back to the rebellion against Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) says U.S. forces will support, though not lead, efforts to rein in Muammar Qaddafi in Libya.
The chaos in Libya has caused oil prices to skyrocket. The average price of gas in Chicago on Wednesday was $3.39 a gallon. In Illinois, the average was $3.30.
The instability in Libya is roiling the energy market this morning.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk predicts Muammar Gaddafi will soon be in exile and cautions against any military intervention.
Libyan forces have reportedly killed as many as 200 demonstrators who want to end the regime of Moammar Gaddafi. Chicagoans are now adding their voices.
- 3 Jump Off Roof Of Trump Tower Wearing ParachutesA trio of daredevils broke onto the roof of the Trump Tower overnight and jumped off using parachutes.158
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!