Lighter Side Of Taxes
The odds of an audit can increase substantially depending on your income, types of income, deduction amount and changes you have made since filing your last tax return.
The Internal Revenue Service has a message for taxpayers eager to learn the status of their tax refund: Please don’t check the IRS website every five minutes — once a day is enough.
Experts recommend using some type of guidance to navigate forms and maximize your returns.
The IRS expects that 75 percent of all 2012 returns will be entitled to a refund, so if you haven’t started preparing your taxes yet, do it: There’s no reason to wait for April 15 to roll around to get that money back from Uncle Sam.
So you’ve prepared your tax return and found that you owe. What should you do if you can’t pay?
Millions of people are getting a jump on filing their tax returns now that they have received their W-2s and 1099 forms. And for most, the incentive to get moving is to get that tax refund in their bank account as soon as possible.
There are lots of websites and software available, but you may not have thought of smartphone apps for doing your taxes.
For easy filing this year download all your Federal Tax Forms from our one-stop shop.
Not going to make the April 17 deadline for filing your taxes? Better let the IRS know… right now. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Why can’t big-time musicians just pay their taxes? They have the money. Check out the top-5 tax protest (and repayment) songs.
Are you procrastinating with your taxes? Here are some tips to help you get things done sooner than later.
Hollywood has its own views on life… including taxes. Before filing, see when Hollywood thinks you should pay your taxes.
With Tax Day rapidly approaching, we need our minds to be sharp. Check out these tasty foods to help you think.
It’s time to file those taxes. Here are 5 online tax services that will get the job done.
“The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.” What else have history’s most-quoted people had to say about taxes?
Tax day is fast approaching. Review some of the more common tax scams, so that you can avoid them.
Hundreds of cars flooded the Main Post Office just west of the Loop, as last minute tax filers tried to beat the midnight deadline.
Twice as many people will visit the Main Post Office in Downtown Chicago on Monday to file their tax returns at the last minute, even though filers had an extra weekend to finish.
Although Uncle Sam decides how much you owe this Tax Day, a restaurant in Oak Park is allowing customers to “pay what is fair.”
This is April 15, the day taxes are normally due – but a holiday has moved the deadline to Monday.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!