The Lincoln Square neighborhood was the scene of two recent retail robberies in which store employees have been attacked.
From beaded photo frames to ornaments featuring inside jokes, the holidays are a perfect time to add a bit of kitsch to your celebrations. Three Chicago art stores give tips on how to add flair to decorations this year.
For those excited about the release of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” there is no need to travel to Middle-Earth to celebrate the movie’s premiere in style. While you might not immediately associate Chicago with the Shire, the Windy City still offers plenty of ways to prepare for the movie’s opening on December 14.
The following reasons are why you’re in need of a date night: you snagged a first date, you need a night out to get away from the kids because they’re driving you bonkers, because your “date night” in front of the TV with your latest Netflix movie isn’t cutting it anymore with your significant other…
An 86-year-old man is dead and a woman was critically injured after being struck by a SUV Friday in the North Side Lincoln Square neighborhood.
For many shoppers, shopping on Black Friday is synonymous with crowds. To find great Black Friday deals in Chicago, consider shopping off the beaten path at the following independent stores.
There are amazingly talented photographers in the Lincoln Square area just waiting to capture your darling children for everlasting memories.
An outspoken and controversial shopkeeper who has been a fixture in Lincoln Square for the past dozen years has been targeted by a vandal.
Total cost of the project is $30 million, and construction starts on the new building in about a year and a half, CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports.
A man is dead after being struck and killed by a vehicle early Saturday, along busy Western Avenue in the Lincoln Square neighborhood.
The cute little crannie of the Northside is mostly known for its yearly descent into Oktoberfest madness, but break free from those beer tent walls! (Metaphorically. The last guy who really did that got the tent rental company really mad.) Here’s our little journey down the lovely strip of Lincoln that neither hipster scum nor worthless yuppies have been able to sink their claws into. Hurry before they find it!
German delegates who visit Chicago for the NATO summit this weekend will feel very much at home in the city.
A woman who told investigators she was desperate because her unemployment benefits had run out has been charged with the attempted robbery of a bank in the North Side Lincoln Square neighborhood.
A 27-year-old man was arrested on Saturday, after sexually assaulting a woman in an alley in the Lincoln Square neighborhood.
The Old Town School of Folk Music has unveiled its new, state-of-the-art addition.
Popular daily deal sites are blamed for driving a hot dog diner into debt.
A man has been charged with the murder of a Lincoln Square bar owner who was brutally beaten in an attack outside the bar two years ago.
An invasion in Lincoln Square is making local residents’ skin crawl. Rats – some say up to 20 at a time – have been scampering through people’s yards.
A man is behind bars Wednesday, after a weekend brawl in the Lincoln Square neighborhood left a woman and her boyfriend hospitalized.
A man was hospitalized early Monday after being severely burned in a fire in the Lincoln Square neighborhood, just steps from the North Branch of the Chicago River.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!