There’s no more speculating about leaked lists – the Lollapalooza lineup is out.
Chicago Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer said the team is confident in starting first baseman Bryan LaHair, who is starting spring training as the team’s cleanup hitter, but he told 670 The Score’s Barry Rozner and Connor McKnight “the lineup is still very much a work in progress.”
Philadelphia’s Roy Halladay will start for the National League in Tuesday night’s All-Star game against the Los Angeles Angels’ Jered Weaver.
When the White Sox square off against the Cubs at Wrigley Field on Friday, they’ll do so without Adam Dunn.
Not only is 21-year old Starlin Castro the Cubs’ most promising player for the future, he can easily be considered the best player on the their roster right now. But through the first 42 games of the season, Castro has hit in five different spots in the lineup.
Second-year shortstop Starlin Castro got off to a great start to the 2011 season. He’s been better than anyone could have expected. But as Castro exceeded expectations, the Cubs moved him into the three-hole in the lineup.
The Chicago White Sox said that Adam Dunn would miss at least five games after undergoing his appendectomy, and they were right.
Amidst all the talk about Starlin Castro, and where he should hit in the lineup, the sad truth about the Cubs lineup becomes clear.
At this time last year, Starlin Castro was turning heads in spring training, but wouldn’t make his major league debut until May 7. This year he’ll be an opening day starter and one of the keys to the Chicago Cubs.
With the recently acquired Adam Dunn, Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen has a few more options when it comes to setting up his lineup, and whatever the combination it will likely pair Adam Dunn and Paul Konerko.
The Chicago Cubs prepare for they’re second spring training game. On Monday, they’ll take on the Milwaukee Brewers with Carlos Pena, Tyler Colvin and Alfonso Soriano in the lineup.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!