CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot looks at how residents of the west suburb are coping, weeks after flooding ruined homes.
“These are the worst of the worst,” said Kathleen Summers, who helped author the “A Horrible Hundred” report. It focuses on facilities that have been previously cited in publicly available inspection documents.
Piotr Zaniewski of Lisle was charged with criminal sexual assault and was held Sunday in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Experts say the lack of snow — coming off of an extremely dry summer — is literally stressing trees out. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
A suburban man has been charged with felony harassment–and misdemeanor counts of battery and disorderly conduct–in an incident involving his daughter’s volleyball team.
Some lucrative loot was discovered in the western suburbs as federal agents carried out a major drug investigation.
The West Nile virus has been detected in birds and mosquitoes in the Chicago area for the first time this year, the state announced Tuesday.
Benedictine University has been asked by the American Red Cross in DuPage County to set up emergency shelters in case there are evacuations from Chicago during the upcoming NATO summit.
Two serial pizzeria robbers were caught red-handed Monday night after ordering employees into a freezer while robbing a west suburban restaurant at gunpoint.
While the west suburban Lisle institution has no plans to leave town, a proposal up for approval this week could result in the private Catholic nonprofit school establishing a campus in Mesa, Ariz.
A crash on the grounds of the Morton Arboretum sent two people to the hospital Wednesday night.
There’s no time like the present to enjoy autum colors at the west surburban oasis. CBS 2′s Rob Johnson takes a tour.
A 43-year old Glen Ellyn man is sitting in the DuPage County Jail this morning, charged with stealing thousands of library books.
Adults who have been struggling to find a job may now be able to return to college – free of charge.
Two people are accused of running a check fraud scheme that attempted to bilk Chicago area Wal-Mart and K-Mart stores out of more than $1.7 million.
Two Lisle firefighters were slightly hurt when they came into contact with an electrical source while putting out a house fire.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.450
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!