The teen was shot about 2 p.m. in the 6400 block of South Claremont Avenue in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
CHICAGO (CBS) — A special-education teacher at Finkl Elementary School in the Little Village community has been removed from her classroom, Chicago Public Schools confirmed Tuesday. The comes after parents of her students complained of […]
A Chicago mother from the Southwest Side is being honored today with the Goldman Environmental Prize for North America for her fight to clean-up the air in and around the Little Village neighborhood.
A video on Youtube speaks of a building gang war, just as the weather snaps. CBS 2’s Brad Edwards spoke with one community advocate who sounds the alarm, while another man has simply had enough.
They tell CBS 2’s Mike Parker they want action to stop the crooks.
A 15-year-old boy shot in the head Sunday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood has been pronounced brain-dead, authorities said.
A 17-year-old boy is dead and a teen who was with him wounded during a shooting in the Little Village neighborhood Saturday evening.
A coalition of Cicero officials and one Chicago activist are hoping for a little more cooperation in the area of bridge between the two communities.
A man was critically injured Sunday afternoon after he was shot in the head in the Little Village neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
A 22-year-old man was critically wounded Sunday morning in a shooting in the Little Village neighborhood.
A vehicle fatally struck a pedestrian early Saturday.
A man was killed in a shooting in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood early Saturday.
Two men are dead and at least six others wounded from gun violence in Chicago since Friday evening.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Saturday unveiled plans to redevelop three old industrial sites on the Southwest Side – including the two infamous coal plants that closed last month.
Chicago Police are looking for a man who attempted to kidnap a young girl Wednesday evening in the Little Village neighborhood.
Two children and a firefighter were hospitalized early Thursday, after a fire in a basement in the Little Village neighborhood.
A man is in “very critical” condition after being shot in the head early Sunday as he rode in a car in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.
Gunfire left one man dead and another wounded just after midnight in the South Shore neighborhood, and five others were wounded across the city in the overnight hours.
After years of agitation, Little Village residents are about to get a CTA bus route.
Chicago firefighters made several rescues last night, but were not able to save an 11-year old boy from a fire in the Little Village neighborhood.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!