The man leading the front office of the Blackhawks is looking forward to the shortened hockey season, after the long lockout. CBS 2′s Rob Johnson reports.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman received three counter-proposals from the players’ association on Thursday and left the negotiating table “thoroughly disappointed.”
The NFL and the referees’ union have reached a tentative contract agreement, ending an impasse that began in June when the league locked out the officials and used replacements instead.
By: Martin Sumners The NBA All-Star Game was introduced in 1951. Initially, the game was an almost quaint two-hour exhibition and although held in non-cosmopolitan cities such as Ft. Wayne, Indiana, it was often elegantly […]
By: Martin Sumners The ABA didn’t invent the dunk but it did introduce the high-flying dunk contest at the 1976 ABA All-Star Game at the fitting site of Denver known as the Mile High City. […]
The Sauk Village police chief is back on the job, after he was literally locked out of his own office.
No party is complete without a dancer, right?
The NBA lockout has officially outlasted the NFL lockout, and the average sports fan’s patience has officially been tested. November 16th marks the first time NBA players will miss a pay day, with the average […]
NBA players rejected the league’s latest offer Monday and began disbanding the union, fully aware it likely will jeopardize the season. Chicago’s potential lockout loss could be huge.
As it seems more and more likely the players will not take the owners’ recent 50-50 revenue split, the likelihood of there being a season will continue to drop, but that doesn’t mean the ball will stop bouncing for LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and others.
The NBA is expected to announce the cancelation of at least two more weeks of the season, a published report says.
The fate of the NBA’s season could rest on Tuesday’s meetings.
Derek Fisher emerged from a meeting with NBA officials and, as he as all summer, reported no breakthrough on a new labor deal.
Top negotiators for the NBA and players’ association will meet Sunday night in perhaps the last chance to avoid canceled regular-season games, according to a person with knowledge of the plans.
Carmelo Anthony fully expects the NBA to cancel some regular-season games soon, and said players around the league have been bracing to hear that grim news.
NBA owners and players have finished meeting in small groups and will return Tuesday for what union president Derek Fisher says will likely be a “a very huge day” in the labor lockout.
NBA owners and players failed to reach a deal after about seven hours of talks Saturday, mostly about the salary cap structure, and will meet again Monday.
Talks ended after two days Wednesday so negotiators could return home before summoning their respective bargaining committees to New York for the most important stretch of the lockout. They are prepared to meet through the weekend if progress toward a new collective bargaining agreement is being made.
The lockout is about to start inflicting damage on the preseason schedule — and neither players nor owners can say what will happen to the real games.
NEW YORK (AP) – A vote on a settlement to the lockout is what every NFL fan wants. Nobody is sure when that might happen. The players’ executive committee will meet Monday in Washington after […]
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!