It took jurors about 90 minutes to return a guilty verdict for Todd Mandoline on his 26th birthday. On July 22, 2012–a day ahead of her 25th birthday–Paula Morgan was killed in the fire after a party she hosted at her home in Lombard, where she lived with her mother and 6-year-old son.
You’ve probably noticed by now that gas has fallen to its lowest price in almost a decade. Drivers are now asking themselves how long will it last?
Kavin Gipson, 48, and Roosevelt Huddleston, 51, approached the bucket outside the Ultra Foods, 491 E. Roosevelt Road in Lombard, about 7 p.m. while the bell ringer was inside the store, according to a statement from the DuPage County state’s attorney’s office.
The Village Board rejected the permit based, in part, on concerns about added traffic.
The Lombard Village Board said it rejected a permit for a Christmas-themed haunted house based, in part, on concerns about added traffic.
The fire started in the garage of a house in the 400 block of Collen Court. One of the home’s residents heard a “pop” in the garage and opened the door to find it engulfed in flames, DiRienzo said. The fire spread into the house, and flames were through the roof by the time fire crews arrived.
Lombard’s electricity aggregation contract was up, so village officials decided in April and May to see which electricity provider would offer the lowest prices for residents. It turned out, ComEd beat the alternative suppliers.
A west suburban man who was out to pick up a gallon of milk allegedly drove his car through a window and into a 7-Eleven convenience store Sunday morning in Lombard.
Lombard Police say they are cracking down on drivers using hand held cell phones, reports WBBM’s Kimberly Easton.
Lija Angela Yu Yin Hyssong was abandoned in China in 1998 as an infant. Eighteen months later, she was adopted by a loving couple from west suburban Chicago. CBS 2’s Brad Edwards reports.
A fire that caused about $100,000 in damage to a west suburban Lombard home Monday night may have been caused by a lightning strike during the heavy thunderstorms that moved through the Chicago area, officials said.
A fire caused up to $300,000 in damage to a strip mall building in west suburban Lombard early Monday.
At the At-Ease Clinic in Lombard, the treatment program emphasizes acupuncture, instead of the usual cocktail of drugs. CBS 2’s Rob Johnson reports.
Lombard Deputy Chief Tom Wirsing says heroin overdoses are a community issue, affecting everyone.
Anka Misocevic, whose age was not immediately known, has been charged with one count of first-degree murder.
A group from the village of Lombard is heading southwest tomorrow morning – with loads of tools and supplies to help the people of Washington, Illinois, rebuild after the tornado, reports WBBM’s Steve Miller.
Even though 64-year-old Jim Proffitt has been feeding the homeless since 1989, he said it’s not his occupation.
The number of E. coli cases tied to a west suburban restaurant is growing. The DuPage County Health Department tells CBS 2 there are 11 confirmed cases now and 10 additional probable cases.
A local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that’s now the focus of an e coli outbreak.
Four people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.