WHEATON (CBS) — A west suburban man who pleaded guilty to breaking into a home and tying up the inhabitants in 2010 was sentenced to 18 years in prison on Wednesday. Judge George Bakalis sentenced […]
Police raided a smoke shop near Lombard and arrested the owners this week, after they were found to be selling synthetic pot and bath salts.
The odds of lightning striking twice may be slim, but so is winning the lottery more than once. Or maybe not.
Though the Christmas holiday is getting nearer, vandals and pranksters haven’t displayed a holiday spirit. Communities around Chicago have reported acts of theft and vandalism to Christmas displays recently.
Authorities are looking for a jewelry thief who ripped off at least two Orland Park stores and is suspected of similar robberies in four other suburbs.
Several people were hurt Thursday morning when a car crashed and rolled over in west suburban Lombard.
Two years ago, Angela Liberty was diagnosed with frontotemperal dementia, a disease that is degenerative, terminal and untreatable.
Now, the staff at their favorite Rock Bottom brewery in Lombard has decided to give back.
Lightning is suspected of causing a Saturday morning fire that forced more than 50 seniors to leave a nursing home in west suburban Lombard.
Ford safety engineers set up crashes to show how technology can prevent them, during demonstrations in the Yorktown Center mall parking lot in Lombard.
A fire that did about $100,000 damage to a west suburban banquet hall is believed to have been caused by either weather or electrical problems.
The FBI is releasing surveillance photos of a man who robbed a west suburban bank branch Tuesday.
No one won the $82 million Powerball jackpot Saturday night, but two west suburban players came pretty close, and picked up $200,000 each in the process.
A Lombard man has been arrested on child pornography charges, after an AT&T employee found graphic images on the man’s computer while installing service.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4345
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!