There’s nothing wrong with watching the Olympics – particularly track and field – with full awareness that most of the achievements being celebrated are not entirely human.
Illinois native Dawn Harper won the silver medal Tuesday in the Women’s 100-meter Hurdles at the Olympics.
Runner Evan Jager finished sixth in the final of the Men’s Steeplechase on Sunday, but that hardly fazed the nearly 200 or more supporters who gathered at a local restaurant to watch the Algonquin-native compete for his first Olympic medal.
Aurora gymnast Anna Li, whose 2012 Olympic hopes came to a close this week when she fell in practice, tells WBBM Newsradio the emotional part is worse than the physical pain.
With opening ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Games just hours away, the full impact of being in the Olympics has hit Bob Willis like a gale on Lake Michigan.
When Christina Loukas looks into the shimmering water of the Olympic pool, she sees the reflection of a world class athlete, who is well-trained and poised to compete on the global stage.
Some members of a south suburban high school marching band leave Tuesday for the London Olympics, but there’s disappointment that not all of them can afford to go.
Andre Agassi, Serena Williams and Mardy Fish headline the 37th season of World Team Tennis.
Olympic champion Michael Johnson believes descendants of West African slaves have a “superior athletic gene” that gives black American and Caribbean sprinters an advantage.
This hellacious, Saharan furnace attacking Chicago has roasted any attempt to crystallize a compelling thought about sports, turning them into some kind of burned, twisted, pointless gristle.
Rose’s largely-lost season of treatments and walking boots is already spurring us to ask some difficult sobering questions.
The 100-member Rich South High School Band has been invited to perform at the Olympics this summer in London, in what they’re calling the chance of a lifetime.
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!