An American Airlines flight from Chicago ended up experiencing two unscheduled landings Tuesday morning.
West suburban Naperville resident Alyssa Gialamas was planning to attend today’s closing ceremonies in London, after wrapping up a successful debut in the Paralympics.
Joseph Berenyi, 43, lost his right arm and left kneecap in a construction accident 18 years ago.
Evan Jager earned a spot in the Men’s Steeplechase Finals after finishing second in the Track & Field qualifying heat on Friday.
Mitt’s terrible foreign trip isn’t just bad press and a campaign stumble. In diplomacy gaffes, missteps, and offenses have real consequences for our national security and the peace and stability of the world.
When Mitt is back home, will the offensive comments stop? Republicans can only hope so because this race is too important to be decided by “how much America likes one guy over another”. But such a factor could very well decide the outcome of this election.
They conquered Boy Scouts together, took up competitive shooting together and they earned engineering degrees together at the same school. So it should come as no surprise that Grant and Ross James compete side by side on the U.S. Men’s rowing team at the 2012 Olympics.
Illinois-native Kelci Bryant and partner Abby Johnston won the silver medal Sunday in Women’s Synchronized 3-meter Springboard diving at the 2012 Olympics in London.
Three athletes with ties to the Chicago-area qualified for the medal rounds of their respective sports on Saturday at the 2012 Olympics in London.
Kelci Bryant has a new partner and new outlook as she prepares to compete at her second Olympics. But the stakes couldn’t be higher for the 23-year old from downstate Chatham and her partner, Abby Johnston, when they dive Sunday in the Women’s Synchronized 3-meter Springboard at the London Games.
Mitt Romney insulted Britain’s preparations for the Olympics and inspired quotes like “apparently devoid of charm, warmth, humor or sincerity” and “worse than Sarah Palin” before cashing campaign checks from bankers and lobbyists who are at the center of the Libor scandal.
With opening ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Games just hours away, the full impact of being in the Olympics has hit Bob Willis like a gale on Lake Michigan.
A suburban swimmer hopes to make a splash at the London 2012 Summer Games and not just in the pool. First time Olympian Conor Dwyer of Winnetka wants to win a medal.
Torn ligament in his wrist or not, Luol Deng has made it known that he wants – and feels obligated – to play for Great Britain during the 2012 Olympics in London.
A Yorkville man has won the honor of carrying the Olympic torch in advance of this year’s Summer Games.
The St. Louis Rams took the first step toward becoming Britain’s “home” team Friday, agreeing to play a regular-season NFL game in London in each of the next three seasons.
The 100-member Rich South High School Band has been invited to perform at the Olympics this summer in London, in what they’re calling the chance of a lifetime.
Insurance giant Aon says it is moving its corporate headquarters from Chicago to London.
On the heels of the Bears win in London, linebacker Lance Briggs was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week.
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.313
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!