On Wednesday, a bald-headed man robbed a West Loop bank branch. By Friday, he may have caught Stanley Cup playoff fever, or he was trying to go unnoticed when he robbed a bank second bank, not far from the first, because this time he did so while wearing a Chicago Blackhawks cap.
A busy Loop intersection became home to a new experiment to allow pedestrians to legally cross the street diagonally, while cars will no longer have to worry about pedestrians in the crosswalk while trying to make a turn.
The robbery occurred about 2:45 p.m. Wednesday at the Charter One Bank branch at 71 S. Wacker Dr.
A noontime ceremony in the Loop paid tribute to almost 400 men and women who died indigent during the past year – and were buried at county expense.
One person was injured Saturday when a small truck rolled over after striking a CTA bus in the Loop.
The man was driving in the 0-100 block of West Van Buren Street about 3:35 a.m. when he struck a support beam.
As one of Chicago’s top cultural attractions, the Shedd sees daily visitors from Chicago and all over the world. Whether you were there 5 years ago or 5 months ago, there’s always something new to see and explore.
A suspect robbed a bank Thursday in the Loop, the same bank he allegedly robbed last November.
A group of young women have been haling taxis in the Loop, then robbing the drivers after being driven to the South Side, according to Chicago Police.
The man suspected of four Loop bank robberies in December.
In separate incidents in downtown Chicago and west suburban Batavia, men armed with handguns robbed two bank branches on Saturday.
Aquarius! Crawl out the metaphorical slit your jailers call a window, down that imaginary rope made of your hopes, dreams and bed sheets, and live your life!
Problems with switches at one of the busiest rail junctions on the CTA’s rapid transit system made a mess out of the homebound commute Friday evening and could mean delays until at least Saturday afternoon on lines that use the Loop L tracks.
Hundreds of Palestinian supporters marched through the Loop to express their growing anger over what they claim are unprovoked attacks by Israel on Gaza Monday night.
A man who robbed a Loop bank branch robbed Friday morning is suspected of three other downtown bank robberies over the past month, according to the FBI.
A Loop bank branch was robbed Wednesday afternoon.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker visited and spoke with some of the new employees.
A Northcenter neighborhood man is in serious criminal trouble in connection with a fight in which he and another man crashed through the window of the Macy’s flagship store downtown.
Two men crashed through the window of Macy’s in the Loop on Sunday afternoon, causing one man to be hospitalized.
Cars and buses were routed off State Street downtown on Saturday, as the pavement was transformed into what has been called the “ultimate playground.”
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.328
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.526
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!