Los Angeles Lakers
For the first time, former Bulls and Lakers coach Phil Jackson is making the comparison the sporting world has waited for.
Metta World Peace thinks people should be able to do whatever they want, as long as it’s not violent.
Dwight Howard scored 16 points and grabbed 21 rebounds, Kobe Bryant chipped in with 19 points, nine assists and seven rebounds, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Chicago Bulls 90-81 Sunday.
Jerry Buss, the Los Angeles Lakers’ playboy owner who shepherded the NBA franchise to 10 championships from the ’80s Showtime dynasty to the Kobe Bryant era, died Monday, his assistant said.
As it does every year, Forbes set a value for each NBA franchise, and the Bulls ranked as the third highest-valued franchise at $800 million.
According to multiple reports, the Lakers have fired head coach Mike Brown.
The NBA’s general manager survey is out and the league’s executives are predicting a changing of the guard in the Central Division.
If Kobe Bryant wants to reach his elusive sixth NBA Championship, tying him with Michael Jordan, he’ll reportedly have just two seasons to do so.
So, Dwight Howard, on behalf of vile, dirty scribes and talking heads everywhere, I am sorry.
The All-Star center could be a member of the Los Angeles Lakers as soon as Friday, pending NBA approval of a four-team, eight-player trade also involving Denver and Philadelphia.
The Phoenix Suns would have to reach a sign-and-trade deal to facilitate the move and, according to Nash, they were reluctant.
Here’s a public service announcement from Metta World Peace, promoting mental health awareness.
We all know Metta World Peace is an idiot, but this news station actually said it.
The first round of the NBA Playoffs has come to a close for the Western Conference, and the teams vying to make it into the conference finals are ready for battle. Let’s take a look at the Western Conference semifinal matchups to give you insight into who we think will come out on top.
Forget peace, Metta World Peace is going to do what he wants to do.
In this video, you see a deranged woman run onto the court during the Lakers-Nuggets playoff game in Denver last night.
The Los Angeles Lakers troublemaker also deprived his team of his services as their starting small forward and defensive stopper for at least six playoff games while he serves his 10th suspension in the past decade.
Metta World Peace has been suspended for seven games without pay for elbowing Oklahoma City Thunder guard James Harden, the NBA has announced.
With the Clippers losing, the Los Angeles Lakers win the Pacific Division and clinch the 3rd spot in the Western Conference.
Metta World Peace (Ron Artest) is facing a possible suspension for his violent actions during a game.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!