Lottery vendors are busy as players snap up tickets for the $337 million Powerball drawing Wednesday night, while officials say online lottery ticket sales have been falling short of expectations.
An Elgin woman faces more charges for allegedly trying to cash an altered lottery ticket worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
The jackpot for the Mega Millions lottery drawing Tuesday night has swelled to $363 million, and that has a lot of people dreaming.
Illinois is making gambling history. Good or bad, depending on how you feel about playing the Lottery, we now can buy tickets with a few clicks of a mouse. That means no more waiting in line at a convenience store. CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey has more details on a surprise Lottery players might get by deciding to go buy their tickets online.
Illinois became a pioneer Sunday as the first state in the country to offer them online.
Starting this Sunday, lottery players will be able to buy tickets online.
Owners of 7-Eleven stores are warning of massive layoffs to come, unless the Illinois Lottery protects them from competition from the online sales that are expected to start this year.
The Illinois Lottery is racing headlong into the Internet age.
The agenda is becoming clear for a Minooka couple, now that they have cleared $8 million with a winning Lottery ticket.
A second teen has been charged with robbing someone at gunpoint in Evanston and making away with two lottery tickets.
One teen is in jail and police are seeking a second after they allegedly rummaged through the pockets of someone they knew at gunpoint, getting away with just two lottery tickets.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!