Right now, there is no managerial opening with the Cubs. But if there were, Ryne Sandberg would be reportedly open to interviewing for the job.
Well, the All-Star Game is done. And, in case you stopped paying attention around Mother’s Day…or Tax Day, the Chicago Cubs are, too.
The Cubs’ World Series drought is at 103 years, that fact is pretty well known. But few people know what’s like to actually try and break that drought, and the pressure that comes with it, like former manager Lou Piniella.
I’m rooting like hell for Mike Quade to succeed in his new, unlikely job as Cubs’ manager. (I have no idea if he’s going to be any good at it).
When the Cubs’ Lou Piniella stepped down as manager and Mike Quade took over, there was an apparent difference in the team. The Cubs began to win. Now that a new season is about to begin to give Mike Quade a fresh start, they hope things continue to improve.
Dusty Baker spent four seasons as the manager of the Chicago Cubs. In those four years he went from being honored with the slogan “In Dusty We Trusty,” to an ugly present left for him in the dugout.
Under performing players with big contracts can give a manager headaches. The front office doesn’t want to pay them sit on the bench, but there are often players with smaller contacts outperforming them.
While pitchers and catchers start practicing in sunny Arizona and Wrigley Field starts thawing out from the blizzard, hope springs eternal for Cubs fans.
It should not be a luxury to have an actual person in charge of your baseball team.
Former Cubs skipper Lou Piniella has joined the San Francisco Giants’ front office, according to published reports.
Mike Quade will manage the Cubs for the 2011 season, that much we know. Although there are a few coaching positions left to fill, it appears as if Ryne Sandberg will not be on the staff.
By Ben Finfer– The 51st manager in Cubs franchise history may very well be the least exciting. Mike Quade. I haven’t been this dissatisfied with a coaching hire since Vinny Del Negro was handed the […]
Ryne Sandberg spoke with Barry Rozner, of the Daily Herald and The Score, shortly after after hearing that Mike Quade would be named the manager of the Cubs. “It’s hard for me to answer questions […]
CHICAGO (WSCR) – All the speculation surrounding the future manager of the Cubs officially ended Tuesday with the announcement that the team has hired Mike Quade. The Cubs signed Quade to a two-year contract, along […]
I enjoy the work of SI.com’s Will Carroll, but I really hope he’s wrong. The former Baseball Prospectus Senior Writer and current BWAA member reported via Twitter yesterday afternoon that the Cubs were planning to […]
CHICAGO (AP) The Chicago Cubs say pitching coach Larry Rothschild has exercised his option for next season. Rothschild just completed his ninth season in Chicago, where he has worked with managers Don Baylor, Bruce Kimm, […]
UPDATE: MLB.com Brewers reporter Adam McCalvy quotes Brewers GM Doug Melvin saying on the radio that “Unless somebody else has been doing the hiring process, [the Brenly story is] not true.” Updated Oct. 6, 2010 […]
CHICAGO (AP) Chicago Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts says he expects the team’s payroll to be slightly lower next season. He also isn’t going to put a timetable on hiring a manager. Ricketts spoke Sunday before […]
Mike Quade’s Cubs continue to play better than Lou Piniella’s Cubs, now 13-7 since the latter drifted away weeping. Small sample size, sure, but still nice for the candidacy of a seemingly good guy. Even […]
ST. LOUIS — Jeff Samardzija appears to have made the most of his time in the minors this year. The former Notre Dame football star pitched shutout ball in his first major league start this […]
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!