Time to check back in Wrigley Field has not been the most interesting place to watch baseball this summer. The Chicago Cubs are bad, yet the reasons they are bad create lazy Cub fans across […]
The efforts to find something warm and happy at the end of Lou Piniella’s tenure are admirable, I guess, but ultimately fail to hide the truth. Writers and broadcasters feel the need to sidestep the […]
Multiple sources are reporting Wednesday that the Cubs are close to shipping Derrek Lee to the Braves. It’s believed that the Cubs would get some combination of minor leaguers in return. While Lee declined to […]
He was born in Peoria and grew up a Cubs fan. He attended Northwestern University and later made his Major League debut with the Cubs. Joe Girardi has as much connection to the organization as […]
CHICAGO – Cubs manager Lou Piniella today gave the following statement to announce he has made the decision to retire following the 2010 season.
And one late night later, so many people seem so much more at ease. That’s what a convincing victory will do behind a solid start from a rookie pitcher, when combined with losses by both […]
As we mentioned last week, the White Sox’ mid-season tear has set them up for an emotionally charged period to come, marked by very high highs and very low lows. Yesterday, needless to say, was […]
Obscured by the Lebron James Immolation Tour, the White Sox have spent the last five weeks roaring to the top of the AL Central. Some thoughts:
A strange day on both sides for the Cubs Saturday as they scratch out a 3-1 win over the Reds. Randy Wells took the headlines early as he took a no-hitter into the seventh before […]
Before Saturday’s Cubs-Sox game at US Cellular, both Lou Piniella and Cubs’ assistant general manager Randy Bush talked to the media about the situation with Carlos Zambrano. Piniella called a team meeting at 3:45 pm […]
Carlos Zambrano lost it Friday and his future with the Cubs may be bordering on lost as well. After giving up a leadoff double to Juan Pierre down the first-base line, a double to Alex […]
Bad defense keeps dragging the Cubs down this season. Friday against the Angels, with the Halos leading 3-2, Jeff Baker booted the first two plays of the seventh inning which lead to three unearned runs […]
On Thursday, Kosuke Fukudome’s game-winning single in the bottom of ninth gave the Cubs a 3-2 victory over the A’s and sealed the first series win for the Cubs since May 27th against the Dodgers. […]
The Cubs announced Thursday that third baseman Aramis Ramirez will begin a rehab stint in Single-A Peoria on Saturday. Ramirez has been fighting a bruised right thumb and is eligible to come off the 15-day […]
Big news out from the Cubs on Sunday as Carlos Zambrano’s much-anticipated return to the starting rotation has finally been announced. Zambrano will make his first start since April, 20th on Wednesday against Pittsburgh. Tom […]
Tuesday night’s 3-0 win over the Dodgers was a regular pitching duel. Ryan Dempster looked spectacular against one of the better offenses in the National League in his eight scoreless innings as he struck out […]
So is it still too early to consider the baseball season over yet Chicago? Do you still have a glimmer of hope that two teams that have crawled to almost identical horse **** records through […]
It’s getting tough to say anything other than phrases like, “the lack of timely hitting cost the Cubs a win today,” when analyzing the Northsiders. It was no different Saturday. Ryan Dempster looked more than […]
A new lineup for the Cubs Wednesday as Lou Piniella looks to get some rest for Ryan Theriot and Aramis Ramirez. While Lou didn’t speak to the media before the game (nothing major, just time […]
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!