Loyola University Medical Center
Six months from now, the Lyric Opera accident that left fire-breathing stilt-walker Wesley Daniel with second-degree burns on his neck will likely be only a “bad memory,” Daniel’s doctor said Thursday.
We just can’t seem to get rid of those pesky and itchy bed bugs. In fact, the city of Chicago is number one when it comes to customers calling for treatment.
Experts were predicting a longer and stronger flu season this year.
The 20-year-old Maywood man was pronounced dead at Loyola University Medical Center a short time after an officer shot him once in the chest inside an apartment building about 4:30 p.m., authorities said.
It can cause blindness and make skin all over your body fall off, and doctors say it’s an illness that can be triggered by taking something as simple as ibuprofen or acetaminophen. It’s called Stevens Johnson Syndrome.
U.S. News & World Report placed Northwestern Memorial Hospital as the 12th on its list for best medical centers in the country this year.
Many people once considered a cancer diagnosis a death sentence. Several years ago, cancer vaccines were promising, and now some are even approved by the FDA. So are we closer to a cure? CBS 2′s Mary Kay Kleist reports.
A single good deed helped save the lives of 30 people. Two Chicago area residents are among 60 people who took part in the longest kidney transplant chain ever.
What would you do if your child got scalded by boiling hot water? Local doctors say you need to know, because it happens more often than you think.
The online journal Pediatrics is releasing a report Monday on medical miracles – babies weighing less than a pound a birth.
One minute, a Mount Prospect man was cooking a turkey. The next, his leg was burning in bubbling, hot oil. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones talks with the accident victim.
This year, 213 drugs – including many life-saving medications – have been very hard to get. At least 15 deaths nationwide are being blamed on the drug shortage.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!