(CBS) — Loyola women’s basketball introduced Sheryl Swoopes as its eighth head coach on Monday. Swoopes says she’s looking to make Loyola a nationally recognized program during her time at the University. The three-time Olympic […]
The 1963 Loyola University Chicago men’s basketball team will be the first team ever inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame on November 24 in Kansas City, Missouri.
Jordan Hicks scored 26 points and Loyola of Chicago defeated Cleveland State 87-60 on Saturday in the Horizon League regular-season finale for both teams.
Jason Calliste’s layup as time expired gave Detroit a 76-75 victory over Loyola of Chicago on Tuesday night.
Will Bogan scored 16 points, grabbed four rebounds and Valparaiso nearly coughed up a big first-half lead to eventually put away Loyola of Chicago 85-76 on Tuesday night
The latest stick-up occurred as Loyola campus police officials are exploring the idea of issuing electronic stun guns to its officers. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Christian Thomas had 23 points and 11 rebounds on Saturday and Loyola of Chicago ended a four-game losing streak by beating Illinois-Chicago 69-60.
Paris Gulley scored 21 points despite making only four field goals, and Milwaukee snapped a seven-game losing streak with a 71-53 victory over Loyola of Chicago on Tuesday night
Cole Darling scored a game-high 17 points and Wright State used a second-half rally to top Loyola of Chicago 62-59 in a Horizon League matchup Monday night.
Alec Brown scored 25 points on 10-of-14 shooting, and Green Bay rode a late 10-0 run to 73-65 victory over Loyola of Chicago on Saturday afternoon.
Reggie Arceneaux hit the game-winning shot with 1:35 remaining and Wright State slipped by Loyola of Chicago 62-61 Friday night.
Gary Harris scored 20 points and No. 19 Michigan State broke away in the second half to beat Loyola.
A Loyola University senior is dead, after falling onto the electrified third rail on the CTA Red Line tracks early Saturday.
A 27-year-old Glenview man was hit and killed by a Red Line ‘L’ train in Rogers Park early Thursday.
Jared Sullinger added 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Buckeyes (28-7), who dominated the smaller Greyhounds inside, finishing with a 49-24 rebound advantage.
The popular McDonald’s Express adjacent to the Loyola Red Line ‘L’ stop has closed, as plans move ahead to upgrade the CTA station and redevelop the land around it.
Kam Cerroni hit a 3-pointer with 1 second left in overtime, giving Green Bay a 73-70 victory over Loyola (Ill.) on Thursday night.
Ben Averkamp had 19 points and 10 rebounds to lead Loyola of Chicago to a 56-44 win at Bradley Saturday night.
Several members of the Loyola University volleyball team say they were cut from the program as retaliation after they protested a coach.
Jeremy Montgomery scored 16 points and Cleveland State shot 68 percent Friday night in a 65-47 victory over Loyola of Chicago.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!