Tinley Park-based Mack Cos. said it has sold nearly 200 single-family homes in the south and southwest suburbs to an Arizona-based real estate investment trust for $28 million.
Spurred by the Newtown school shooting massacre, Mayor Rahm Emanuel was leading a coalition of Chicago area mayors in a renewed drive for stronger gun control laws.
A young girl was attacked in gym class and she said a school bully is to blame. Elisa Ramirez said the same boy has been bullying her for years, but this time he hit her hard in her face, narrowly avoiding a major eye injury. CBS 2′s Dave Savini discovered that, until he got involved, little was done to help Elisa.
A driver from south suburban Lynwood ended up getting himself arrested by calling Illinois State Police and telling them he was drunk, lost and out of gasoline.
A south suburban man is being held on $90,000 bond after being charged with multiple robberies on the CTA Blue Line last month.
A 56-year-old Lynwood man has been found murdered inside his home in south suburban Lynwood, and police are investigating his wife’s claims she was kidnapped.
Family and friends of Mary Lacy were planning to celebrate her recent birthday Saturday night with dinner at a restaurant. Instead, because of a tragic turn of events, they are in mourning.
For 30 years, local enthusiasts raced their radio controlled cars in streets and parking lots. Now, thanks to the passion of one racer, they have a dragway that is considered one of the best in the country.
Nearly a week after the shooting death of a Hillcrest high school basketball player, the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force is now involved in hopes to gathering information that will solve the crime.
A birthday party ended tragically when an early Sunday shooting claimed the life of 17-year-old Hillcrest High School basketball standout and left a second teen wounded outside a sports center in south suburban Lynwood.
A south suburban village clerk has pleaded not guilty in a drunken driving crash that left a young mother dead.
A south suburban village clerk was indicted Wednesday after being charged in a Route 394 wrong-way crash that killed a woman last month.
Canadian National Railway has lost its latest round in court over its controversial 2008 purchase of the former Elgin, Joliet and Eastern freight railroad.
Bond has been set at $250,000 for a Lynwood village clerk charged with drunk driving in a crash that killed a 32-year-old woman earlier this month.
A suburban village clerk has been charged with reckless homicide and aggravated DUI for allegedly causing a fatal crash while driving the wrong way on Route 394 earlier this month.
Thirteen alleged members of two drug distribution rings were arrested Tuesday by a federal task force in the culmination of a lengthy investigation into drug distribution in the south suburbs.
The husband of a Chicago woman killed Friday when her car was allegedly struck by a Lynwood village vehicle traveling the wrong way in traffic is suing the Village of Lynwood and the driver for $1 million.
A Lynwood municipal worker driving the wrong way caused a multi-vehicle crash on I-394 Friday morning, which left at least one person dead.
Members of Brian Dorian’s family are relieved that a man suspected of being the “honeybee killer” no longer is a threat to anyone but they’re still angry the Lynwood police officer originally was charged and released in the case.
Has the trail gone cold, in the search for the suspect who went on a fatal two-state shooting spree?
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.376
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.696
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!