A West Town neighborhood man became the city’s first homicide victim of the New Year, which so far has seen at least ten other people wounded in separate shootings, authorities said.
Seven students suffered minor injuries in a school bus crash on the Near West Side, about two blocks west of the United Center.
Structural engineers were checking out a building in Skokie Tuesday morning after as high-speed crash.
Authorities have charged a teen in the beating of an off-duty Chicago Police officer who was involved in an accident in Maywood over the weekend.
An Islamic school in west suburban Lombard is at least the second Muslim institution to report an attack this past weekend.
A motorcycle accident involving a Chicago police officer ended with the off-duty cop shooting the father of the girl he had hit, when that man attacked him after the crash.
Two people were killed and eight others were wounded in gun violence that struck several neighborhoods on the city’s South and West sides overnight.
Police have released surveillance images of the car involved in a hit-and-run crash that left a 19-year-old woman injured this week on the city’s West Side.
Police have issued a warning to Near West Side residents after a string of burglaries in the neighborhood surrounding the United Center.
Michigan Avenue was briefly shut down between Lake and Madison streets due to police activity.
One person is dead and at least another 16 wounded in violence throughout the city this weekend.
Four people were shot early Sunday outside of a nightclub in the Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side.
A firefighter was taken to the hospital Monday morning from the scene of a fire on the city’s West Side.
Police discovered complete chaos when they were called to a West Side bar early Friday morning.
The Israeli Consul General in Chicago says the consulate in the Ogilvie Transportation Center is expected to reopen Tuesday morning, a day after being evacuated because of a suspicious envelope.
The Israeli consulate in downtown Chicago was evacuated Monday afternoon after a worker opened a package containing a suspicious white powder.
A West Side man is behind bars, charged in a series of crimes that happened last year in the East Garfield Park neighborhood.
A man in a ski mask, armed with a handgun, robbed a northwest suburban gas station early Wednesday.
Police say a thief was after a designer jacket when he shot a man in the chest on busy Madison Street on the city’s West Side.
Police are investigating after a man was stabbed in the neck at a lounge in the West Loop.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!