Carlos Boozer scored 22 points, Luol Deng added 18 and the Chicago Bulls snapped a two-game losing streak with a 102-84 victory over the Orlando Magic on Monday night.
Nate Robinson scored 12 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter, Luol Deng finished with 19 after a slow start, and the Chicago Bulls beat the Orlando Magic 87-86 on Friday night.
LeBron James had 29 points, eight rebounds and seven assists, and the Miami Heat beat the New York Knicks 106-94 on Wednesday night to win the Eastern Conference first-round series in five games.
Anthony vowed after the team’s latest first-round ouster that things will change. And soon.
Baron Davis left Game 4 of the Knicks’ opening round match-up with the Heat with an apparently serious knee injury.
The Knicks defeat the Heat 89-87 to force Game 5 and snapped their 13-game playoff losing streak.
LeBron James scored 32 points, including eight straight to start the fourth quarter and break open the game, and the Miami Heat took a 3-0 lead, sending the New York Knicks to an NBA postseason-record 13th straight loss, 87-70 on Thursday night.
Amar’e Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert are sidelined. Jeremy Lin isn’t back yet. So where are the Knicks supposed to find enough offense to compete with Miami?
The short-handed Knicks could really, really use a healthy Jeremy Lin on the court in their first-round playoff series against Miami. Emphasis on healthy.
The Knicks sounded hopeful about Jeremy Lin’s return — and that was before Monday night’s debacle.
This much was certain: Amar’e Stoudemire’s hand was cut so severely that doctors and paramedics were summoned, drops of blood stained the carpet and a piece of glass in the door to a fire-extinguisher case needed to be replaced.
The Knicks were dealt a blow on the scoreboard and to their roster as Iman Shumpert was carried off the court. The Knicks were defeated by the Heat 100-67 in Game 1.
Iman Shumpert suffered a season-ending ACL tear and as a result, any hope of the Knicks competing with the Heat have ended.
The NBA lockout-shortened regular season has come to a close and the playoff teams have been decided. Let’s take a look at the Eastern Conference matchups to give you insight into who we think will come out on top.
Carlos Boozer scored 24 points and had 13 rebounds, John Lucas scored 20 points off the bench and the Chicago Bulls beat the Orlando Magic 85-59 on Monday night.
Last week, Chicago Bulls analyst Kendall Gill said that if Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard wanted to win championships, then Chicago was the best fit for him. However, it sounds as if Howard plans on chasing titles while in Orlando.
As disappointing as Thursday night’s loss is, this is still a Chicago Bulls team that has a lot of potential to contend for NBA Titles for many years to come. But for that to happen, the Bulls need to get league MVP Derrick Rose some scoring help.
I must confess: I did not see this coming. I fully expected the Chicago Bulls to be squaring off against the Orlando Magic in the teams’ first game of the Eastern Conference semi-finals tonight…not the Atlanta Hawks.
I may be alone in my line of thinking, but for the life of me, I could care less that the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft takes place on Thursday night.
Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls were tested in the first round by the Indiana Pacers, and they passed. Now Rose and Chicago is gearing up for their next test.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!