The purported victim, a 68-year-old woman from Homewood, told authorities she was accosted by about a dozen African American men while walking in the 700 block of North Michigan around noon Wednesday in front of Saks Fifth Avenue.
Two protesters from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), staged a brief anti-fur protest in their underwear Wednesday afternoon along the Magnificent Mile.
The distraction techniques of the thieves are brazen, CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
The workers who usually spend Black Friday ringing up purchases and completing food orders spent time Friday morning protesting their pay at those jobs.
A botched robbery attempt has an Oak Brook doctor in stable condition tonight.
The Web site Racked.com may be pitting trendy hipsters against young and snazzy professionals, as they ask Chicagoans to pick one of six intersections as the best for shopping.
The famed Chicago clothing retailer Mark Shale is will be closing three of its stores.
A woman was found slain Monday at the tony Whitehall Hotel just off the Magnificent Mile, and police were conducting a homicide investigation.
The Magnificent Mile condo where former Mayor Richard M. Daley moved shortly after leaving office is on the market.
Ald. Brendan Reilly (42nd) has proposed an ordinance that some say could make the already Manhattan-like Magnificent Mile look like Times Square.
A man was in critical condition after being shot and wounded in a gang-related road rage incident right off the tony Magnificent Mile.
A dozen protesters have been charged after a rowdy demonstration that spilled onto the Magnificent Mile, but the protesters claim police were the ones who were out of control.
A van slammed into a display window in the 900 N. Michigan Ave. skyscraper on the Magnificent Mile Friday morning.
Nine Chicagoans have filed a class-action federal lawsuit, claiming the city has illegally forced them to move off of the Magnificent Mile, or face arrest.
It’s not a good night in Chicago; not for me.
A man tried to rob a Magnificent Mile bank on Monday, but left the loot behind.
The iconic statue of actress Marilyn Monroe along Michigan Avenue just north of the Chicago River will be removed beginning May 7.
Cubs fans can celebrate the start of a new season in a hotel room devoted to the late Ron Santo.
A police squad car headed to an emergency call just off the Magnificent Mile was hit by another driver Friday morning, leaving both the officer and the other driver injured.
You may not see a lot of shopping activity on the Magnificent Mile these days.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!