Federal prosecutors have alleged 46-year-old Michael McKay sent out fake money orders – ranging from $900 to $2,000 – to more than 600 homes across the U.S., asking people to be “secret shoppers.”
A former Chicago lawyer who now hosts a national radio talk show was indicted on federal charges for two mortgage fraud schemes that defrauded lenders out of nearly $10 million.
A 10th Chicago police officer has been indicted in the FBI’s ongoing investigation of a scheme in which tow truck operators were paying bribes to cops who steered them work.
The head of a now defunct sports auction house has been indicted, along with two other executives, for scamming customers into buying high-priced items that weren’t authentic, or otherwise less valuable than advertised.
A political insider who became one of the government’s key witnesses in the corruption investigation of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s administration was sentenced Thursday to 5 1/2 years in prison.
A key figure in the Rod Blagojevich corruption case was arrested on Wednesday on federal fraud and tax charges.
A certified public accountant from Vernon Hills stands charged with bilking his clients and a bank out of more than $2 million.
Executives at a non-profit arts program in Uptown have been accused of stealing a large amount of federal tax money.
Former Chicago alderman and political powerbroker Edward Vrdolyak will be released from prison Thursday.
A former Crystal Lake man has been charged in a pending federal case alleging he and another man allegedly engaged in a Ponzi scheme that defrauded about 400 investors out of $105 million.
Forty-year-old Steven Jensen of Osseo, Minn. was arrested Thursday at a sports collectors’ convention outside Chicago. He is charged in federal court in New York with mail fraud and wire fraud.
Lawyers for former Governor George Ryan say they are waiting for a federal appeals court to set a date for arguments in their latest attempt to get Ryan freed from prison.
Convicted former Chicago Department of Streets and Sanitation Commissioner Al Sanchez ripped the city’s response on Lake Shore Drive during the blizzard this week.
Former Ald. Edward “Fast Eddie” Vrdolyak has reported to federal prison to serve his sentence for mail fraud.
A minority-owned trucking company hired by City Hall to clean and inspect sewers allegedly farmed out the work to a non-minority firm owned in part by Mayor Richard M. Daley’s son and nephew, according to a federal indictment.
The family of former governor George Ryan says they’re stunned by what they call a “cold, heartless decision.” CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
The former Chicago alderman and longtime political power-broker known as “Fast Eddie” was sentenced to 10 months in prison Friday for a $1.5 million real estate kickback scheme.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!