Adam Hoge grades the Bears following their 23-17 overtime loss to the Seattle Seahawks Sunday.
While Lovie Smith’s team wasn’t eliminated by the Seahawks Sunday, it was beaten and exposed. This one looked bad.
It’s been a while since we’ve had an “everybody sucks” game.
Using NFL GameRewind, let’s take a look at a few plays involving Major Wright to compare and contrast his technique and discipline week to week.
Time offers the opportunity for perspective, so I thought it would be a good idea to wait each week to give my thoughts on the Bears game.
Major Wright returned an interception 45 yards for a touchdown, and the Chicago Bears beat the St. Louis Rams 23-6 on Sunday.
The Bears made their final cuts Friday to reduce the roster to 53 players. They can sign eight players to the practice squad Saturday.
Former Bear Chris Harris, who is currently a free agent, said he would gladly welcome a phone call from the Bears, if the team decided to pursue the 30-year-old.
Head coach Lovie Smith didn’t bother to sugarcoat it: “We didn’t play as well as a I thought we would tonight.”
This is my evaluation of how the Bears have – or haven’t – improved their talent level per position group since 2011, and an overall assessment of each.
The Bears were back at it Wednesday in the middle of their second week of OTAs. Here are some thoughts and observations straight from my notebook.
Before we move forward and completely forget about the fiasco otherwise known as Jerry Angelo on Draft Day, let’s recap his top selections over the years.
Bears wide receiver Devin Hester is active despite tweaking an ankle injury this week and missing Friday’s practice.
Head coach Lovie Smith confirmed Bears running back Matt Forte has a sprained MCL and no further damage.
In the wake of the Bears’ win over the Chargers where quarterback Jay Cutler broke his right thumb, NFL expert Hub Arkush joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show to break down the game.
When the Bears announced Major Wright and Chris Conte would be the new starting safeties, few knew how the tandem would handle their promotion.
With a 30-24 victory over the heavily favored Philadelphia Eagles, the Bears put themselves on track for their second straight playoff appearance.
Leading charge for the Eagles is the versatile Michael Vick, who’s legs are just as much a threat as his arms. Add to that mix an explosive group of wide receivers and a running back rushing for over five yards per carry, and the Bears have a tantalizing challenge.
After missing four consecutive games with a chest injury, wide receiver Earl Bennett had full participation in all three practices this week and is listed as probable for Sunday’s game in London.
With the Bears 3-3, let’s see what’s on the mind of Bears fans in this week’s edition of Laurence Holmes’ mailbag.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.1141
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.524
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!