Opponents of same-sex marriage were targeting Chicago’s Latino community on Saturday with a march and protest, where they also faced off with gay rights activists staging a counter protest.
But he sidestepped one big question — Will he return to Michigan next season?
Relentless Louisville rallied from a 12-point deficit to beat Michigan 82-76 in the NCAA championship game Monday night.
University of Michigan basketball fans in Ann Arbor took the heartbreaking loss as well as could be expected.
National media carried on about the Syracuse zone like they were 1985 Bears and gave Michigan little chance.
It happens seemingly every game of the NCAA tournament, most of the season, for that matter: Officials blow their whistles, huddle, then head over to the TV monitors to review a play.
The NCAA has announced the pool of 10 officials who will work the Final Four.
Overcoming all sorts of adversity has been the norm for the Syracuse Orange of late.
Michigan coach John Beilein briefly lost track of how long it’s been since the Wolverines reached the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament.
Michigan State’s Adreian Payne blocked a shot and made a long jumper on ensuing possessions, providing another glimpse of his vast potential and boosting his stock as an NBA prospect.
While many Michigan State fans would never dream of wanting their rival Wolverines to advance in the NCAA basketball tournament, Spartan head coach Tom Izzo will be doing just that.
Protesters filled Daley Plaza, marched through the Loop and rallied again in front of School board headquarters to protest the board’s plan to close 53 schools on Wednesday. More than 100 of those protesters were detained and ticketed after staging a sit-in outside City Hall.
Michigan State guard Keith Appling says he’ll be “all right” in the Midwest Regional semifinals against Duke.
Doug McDermott scuffled for open looks and usually missed when he did get them.
Gary Harris scored a team high 23 points helping the Michigan State Spartans to advance to the round of 16 after beating the Memphis Tigers 70-48 on Saturday during third round play at The Palace of Auburn Hills.
Mitch McGary scored a game high 21 points and 13 rebounds and the Michigan Wolverines beat the Virginia Commonwealth Rams 78-53 during the third round of the 2013 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament at The Palace of Auburn Hills Saturday.
When D.J. Stephens is dunking and blocking shots, Memphis looks like a team that could make an extended run in this NCAA tournament.
VCU was at its best, pressing, running — and winning with ease.
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Dez Wells scored 14 of his 21 points in the second half and Maryland beat pesky Wake Forest 75-62 on Thursday night in the first round of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Richard Howell kept attacking the rim and the boards alongside C.J. Leslie, while Lorenzo Brown was the transition-powering point guard eager to take on a tough defensive assignment against the Atlantic Coast Conference’s player of the year.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!