Joe Mihalich’s Niagara Purple Eagles have just eliminated Siena in the quarterfinals of the MAAC basketball tournament. Siena senior O.D. Anosike has played his last collegiate game.
The Big dance is right around the corner and teams are making strides towards being part of it. It all started this weekend with a buzzer beater, Kentucky barely holding on and Belmont joining the tourney. A wild weekend indeed!
One more team will join the big dance by the services of a popular tourney! The Metro Atlantic Athletic Tournament got under way and the stand out defense of the Rider stags kick started it in nice way! Along with other teams eliminated, important events you can’t miss!
Top five events for the month of March COMING AT YA LIKE A ROCKET OUT OF A CANNON THING THAT SHOOTS ROCKETS WOH WATCH OUT HERE COMES SOME FUN BLAMWAMMY!
There are calls for witness protection and presidential intervention to deal with the epidemic of youth violence in Chicago. They came during a march to honor the memory of 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton.
NATO protesters, including Occupy Chicago members, briefly shut down the Michigan Avenue bridge and slowed traffic around the Loop in an impromptu march following a peaceful rally held by a nurse’s union at Daley Plaza this afternoon.
The NATO Summit does not begin until Sunday, but nurses from Chicago across the country and world are protesting Friday for a change in the nation’s economic policy.
About 75 Occupy Chicago protesters held sit-ins outside at least two Bank of America branches in downtown Chicago on Tuesday, before joining a much larger protest rally and march through the Loop in honor of May Day.
As 200 students and parents touted a longer school day and other initiatives on Saturday at a rally hosted by the advocacy group “Stand for Children” at Roosevelt University, a small group of protesters picketed outside.
Students from a north suburban high school are taking part in a march and rally Friday afternoon against the use of the “r-word.”
Now that we’ve put our shorts and flip flops back in storage for the time being, federal figures show temperatures this March were 8.6 degrees above normal for most of the country.
Now that spring is here, the Occupy Chicago protesters are back. Several hundred people participated in a Saturday march through downtown streets that ended in Grant Park, adjacent to Michigan Avenue and Congress Parkway.
Doron Lamb scored 22 points, and Kentucky won its eighth national championship, holding off Kansas for a 67-59 victory Monday night.
Anti-violence demonstrators gathered Monday in the Northwest Indiana city where two girls were struck by bullets last week while playing a video game – a crime for which there are still no suspects.
In what will surely come as no surprise, AAA says Chicago area gas prices climbed to new heights in March.
Palm Sunday marked the beginning of Holy Week on the Christian calendar, and now, political and religious leaders are using the sacred message to combat youth violence by holding a march.
The pastor of a West Side church says 57 young lives have been lost to gun violence in Chicago since the beginning of the school year, so he’s calling on his congregation to show their outrage over the loss of innocent lives, including Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.
Chicago did not, it turns out, break the record for the warmest day ever in March: 88 degrees, set in 1986.
About 40 volunteers — many were parents with their own stories of sorrow — gathered near 65th and Mozart. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
If Darius Miller and Doron Lamb find seams and make enough shots from the perimeter, John Calipari should have his team in the National Championship game.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!