It’s hard to believe, but it was one year ago this week when CBS 2 introduced you to the Wright family, a suburban couple with four kids, trying to “Survive This Economy” by saving some serious money.
Trying to “Survive This Economy” and pay for your kids’ college education has become tougher than ever in recent years.
Your kids are watching — that’s the reminder for parents from a financial expert who said, when it comes to money, and surviving this economy, you’re a role model for your kids, even if you don’t realize it.
One way husbands can make their wives adoring fans it to take care of the “Honey Do” list.
The Wright family is celebrating more than just the 4th of July today, they are celebrating their biggest payoff ever since CBS 2 started following their effort to “Survive This Economy” eight months ago.
It’s summertime and everyone wants to be in shape. You already know losing weight is good for your health, but CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports getting fit can also save you money on life insurance.
It’s the last week of school for kids in Chicago, and you know what that means: parents will soon be hearing “what’s there to eat?” all day long. CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports the cost of all those snacks can really add up, so getting creative in the kitchen with your kids can save you a lot of money.
Summer means movie, but that can cost you a bundle, especially if you have kids like the Wrights, a suburban couple with four kids.
You want a great garden, but it’s tough if you’re on a budget. CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker, with the help of experts, explains where gardeners can get high-quality plants at a very low cost.
It’s that time of year. We’re all dreaming about summer vacation. But those trips can really drain your wallet, especially when you’re taking your kids, like the Wrights are.
It’s tough being on a financial diet, but when the unexpected happens – as the Wright family just discovered – the pain in your wallet isn’t so bad, if you’ve been good.
It’s one of the most common things couples fight about: money. Remember the Wrights? The suburban couple, with four kids, is on a financial diet; so they know how stressful it can be to save money, especially in this economy.
With the cost of food going up, everyone is looking to save money in the kitchen. We’re not talking about clipping coupons, we’re talking simple solutions, something the Wright family is looking for.
Owning a car is expensive, especially in this economy; but the Wrights – a suburban couple with four kids — found a way to save more than $1,000 on their auto insurance.
A lot of people are still taking down their holiday decorations, but one suburban family is already thinking about next Christmas and a new way they can save money.
The New Year is a good time to think about new ways you and your family can “Survive This Economy.” Marcus Wright has one very important New Year’s resolution. He’s increasing his contribution to this 401(k) plan.
This might be the hardest time of the year to “Survive This Economy”. No one knows that better than families, like the Wrights, a suburban couple with four kids.
It’s hard in this high-tech world to survive this economy, with all sorts of gadgets using up lots of electricity in our homes. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker explains how you can save big on your electric bill.
It’s been one exactly month since a suburban family took a new approach to “Survive This Economy.” Sinora and Marcus Wright like the convenience of fast food. It’s been the biggest obstacle to keeping their family on a financial diet.
This might be the hardest time of the year to “Survive This Economy.” The holiday meals, travel and all that holiday shopping really add up.
- Woman Charged In Machete AttackAs she slashed and cut a 30-year-old Crown Point woman with a machete, onlookers shouted for Endia Rivera to stop, saying she would kill the victim.125
- 3 Jump Off Roof Of Trump Tower Wearing ParachutesA trio of daredevils broke onto the roof of the Trump Tower overnight and jumped off using parachutes.262
- Parents Occupy Classroom To Protest School ClosingsParents took over a classroom at Lafayette Elementary to protest the city's plan to shut down the school after this year.73
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!