A 63-year-old man was killed Friday morning when the car he was driving was struck head-on in the northwest suburbs by a larger car being driven by an 86-year-old man.
The owner of a McHenry County market says there’s nothing divine about what he saw in one of his homemade potato chips – just abstract art.
Police say Veramae Phillip of Woodstock told officers she thought she’d hit a tree branch.
Booming cracks of thunder awoke the Chicago area overnight, but many homeowners are finding more than just rain on the streets outside.
Authorities were investigating a crash late Thursday that killed an Elgin man when an air conditioning firm’s work van he was driving went off the road along Route 20 near Marengo, police said.
The Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) was shut down in both directions in McHenry County Friday morning, following a serious crash.
Governor Pat Quinn put his signature on a bill that requires the public spotlight on the details of corporate tax breaks as soon as they are completed.
A teenager’s life in the fast lane didn’t last long in far northwest suburban Marengo.
A far northwest suburban couple are the proud owners of one of the top horses set to race in the Kentucky Derby Saturday.
A man and woman were found dead Saturday morning at a home near northwest suburban Marengo.
Three people were killed in a deadly northwest suburban home invasion on Tuesday when a man broke into a home and stabbed three family members, one of whom then fatally shot him.
WOODSTOCK, Ill. (STMW) – A northwest suburban man was sentenced to five years in prison Friday after his third conviction for possessing child pornography.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5351
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!