Sharks forward Raffi Torres was suspended for the rest of San Jose’s second-round playoff series against Los Angeles on Thursday for an illegal check to the head of Kings forward Jarret Stoll during the opener.
The Blackhawks finally looked like they were playing playoff hockey Wednesday night as they dispatched the Red Wings 4-1 in Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals.
Johnny Oduya and Marcus Kruger scored in the third period, Corey Crawford made 20 saves and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Detroit Red Wings 4-1 in the opener of their second-round playoff series Wednesday night.
Marian Hossa and the Chicago Blackhawks were well aware they’d been playoff underachievers since they captured the Stanley Cup in 2010. Now, they’re eyeing another championship. And they just took an important step toward it.
The Chicago Blackhawks were beaten the last game in the corners, along the boards and by an overtime goal for the Minnesota Wild. By hurling their bodies in front of puck after puck, the Blackhawks stopped the Wild’s momentum right where it started.
Jason Zucker scored at 2:15 of overtime to give Minnesota a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday, pulling the Wild within 2-1 in the Western Conference quarterfinal series.
Fortunately, the Blackhawks’ defense never wavered, allowing them to survive a strange game that included a missing goalie, a stickless goalie and at one point, a blade that fell completely off its skate.
Bryan Bickell scored in overtime on a two-on-one rush, and the Chicago Blackhawks started the playoffs on a winning note after dominating the regular season, beating the Minnesota Wild 2-1 on Tuesday night.
For one night, performance, geography, expectation and the choice of juxtaposition conspired to make something once so grand seem very small, and very far away.
Marian Hossa’s unassisted goal late in the second period lifted the NHL-leading Chicago Blackhawks to their fifth win in six games, 1-0 over the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday night.
Just one day after assigning him to Rockford, the Blackhawks have recalled Brandon Bollig for Friday night’s game in Colorado.
Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa and Andrew Shaw are all battling injuries.
Blackhawks President John McDonough understands the difference between history and trivia.
Sure, the Blackhawks will eventually fall in regulation, but until it happens, they’re just going to play like they’re invincible.
The Chicago Blackhawks set a franchise record with their 10th consecutive victory and extended their points streak to 29 games with a 5-3 win against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday night.
The penalties for blindside head shots have to be much stronger. Players are going to continue to try to injure each other until the cost is prohibitive.
The Chicago Blackhawks have extended their NHL-record, season-opening points streak to 22 games.
Everyone knows what the big picture is. But we’ve all been through enough sports badness to deserve enjoyment when a team is this good.
No matter what goalie the Chicago Blackhawks put into their net, they are coming away with win after win.
Three days after taking a shot to the back of the head that forced his exit from the Canucks game, Blackhawks wing Marian Hossa says he will play tonight against the Sharks.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.165
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!