Federal prosecutors have charged 19 people for taking part in two drug rings that supplied large quantities of powder and crack cocaine to the city and suburbs.
Federal officials are continuing to investigate a package addressed to a northwest Indiana business that turned out to contain 340 pounds of marijuana.
Two teenage boys from Crystal Lake are in big trouble, after allegedly making $700 worth of photocopies of a single $20 bill and using them to buy pot.
Two men are free on bond and awaiting trial on felony narcotics-related charges, after they and others were arrested during an anti-crime effort conducted by Naperville police on the city’s west side.
Joliet police are doing their part to eradicate drugs from the streets, using a powerful tool of destruction called the Drug Terminator.
Former Illinois running back Mikel Leshoure attempted to eat his stash of marijuana to avoid being busted during a traffic stop in March.
Veteran law enforcement officers said it’s a drug manufacturing operation unlike any they’d ever seen. CBS 2’s Mike Puccinelli takes an exclusive look inside the hidden world of a sophisticated drug grow house on the West Side, following a raid by the Chicago Police Department’s Central Anti-Violence Task Force.
Police continue to move on citizen tips on drug houses in the city, executing another search warrant this week that adds up to almost half a dozen in the last few months.
Police have arrested four people and seized more than 2,100 pounds of marijuana in a drug bust in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.
An advocate for the legalization of marijuana says teens would never have been able to buy and sell pot at Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, if the substance were legal and regulated.
Some security check points force patrons to empty their pockets, remove their belts and shoes, and undergo a frisking.
Police say two students at Stevenson High School are now facing charges after an investigation into alleged drug sales.
Bears wide receiver Sam Hurd is accused of trying to set up a drug ring by buying huge amounts of cocaine and marijuana from a supplier in Texas, federal authorties said Thursday.
The glare of the sun off passing motorcycles caused Alia Bernard to reach for her sunglasses on the May 2009 morning when she caused a chain-reaction crash that killed a west suburban couple.
Barely a month ago, the owners of DeLuca’s Pizzeria were the subject of a feature article in the Buffalo Grove Patch, in which they talked about fine-tuning recipes and the seasonal cycles of the pizza business.
Evanston is the latest to go easier on people caught with small amounts of marijuana.
Police were sent to a high school in Palos Hills three different times in one day last week, and three students are in big trouble now.
Aldermen have introduced an ordinance that would reduce the penalties for small amounts of marijuana, but they are in no hurry to pass it.
A speeding motorist high on marijuana and angel dust dived head-first into a shocked stranger’s car through the driver’s side window, then bizarrely yelled to chasing cops that “the pancakes are on the floor,” authorities say.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says he has no problem with treating low-level drug cases differently, but he draws the line at decriminalizing marijuana.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!