Look at Mark Buehrle at the 1:35 mark. Look at R.A. Dickey at 1:50. The color leaving the faces of J.A. Happ’s Toronto Blue Jays teammates as blood exited his head.
Mark Buehrle pitched in and out of trouble into the seventh inning to beat his former team , J.P. Arencibia and Maicer Izturis hit solo homers and the Toronto Blue Jays topped the Chicago White Sox 4-3 on Monday night.
It may have just been a gentleman’s agreement, but there was reportedly a deal in place.
Jeffrey Loria is the worst, most relentlessly wicked owner in sports.
Media outlets and blogs are saying former White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle could be part of a trade package. Buehrle was wildly popular on the South Side and pitched a perfect game in 2009.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
The White Sox signed outfielder Dewayne Wise to a minor league contract and completed their trade for Brett Myers.
It’s safe to say Ozzie Guillen was ready to go Pittsburgh after his Chicago homecoming was spoiled by the Cubs beating Mark Buehrle and Marlins 4-2 Thursday to win the three-game series.
On the 12th anniversary of his first major league start, Buehrle changed speeds, kept Cubs hitters off balance, scattered a few hits, but faced the minimum for four innings.
Paul Maholm pitched eight innings, Alfonso Soriano homered and the Cubs beat the Miami Marlins 4-2 Thursday, ruining Mark Buehrle’s return to Chicago.
For Mark Buehrle, switching to the National League after 12 seasons in the American League wasn’t as bad as the left-hander thought.
No smashing. No yelling. No cursing in Spanglish. No kidnapping a comely blonde bleacher bummette and climbing to the top of the manual scoreboard as military and police aircraft fire upon him.
It was the Ozzie Guillen, Carlos Zambrano, and Mark Buehrle show before the Cubs/Marlins game tonight at Wrigley Field, and the sweaty-hot, filled to capacity Marlin dugout wasn’t my assignment.
He may be half way across the country, but former White Sox ace Mark Buehrle understands just how special Chris Sale is.
Which is the better performance, a perfect game or Kerry Wood’s 20 strikeout game against the Astros?
Hanley Ramirez homered for the third game in a row, Mark Buehrle pitched eight innings for his first victory with Miami and the Marlins beat the slumping Chicago Cubs 9-1 on Wednesday night.
Gone are longtime ace Mark Buehrle and closer Sergio Santos — two moves that surprised pitching coach Don Cooper.
When Chris Sale arrives in Glendale, Ariz. for spring training next month, he’ll be considered a starter and not a reliever.
Marion Barber’s decision to run out of bounds was just one of many stupid plays in an unbelievable sports weekend.
If you have the money, by golly, spend it. That is pretty much rule number one of General Managing For Dummies.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.706
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.464
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!