The NCAA has found what it calls “improper conduct” committed by former members of its own enforcement program during the Miami investigation, and will not deliver the long-awaited notice of allegations against the Hurricanes until an external review is completed.
There will be meetings in the coming days – serious, sober meetings – in football and basketball offices, at which stern speeches will be delivered by newly-vulnerable emperors.
The NCAA has passed a proposal that will impose tougher sanctions on programs and hold coaches more accountable for rule-breaking.
With eight reported transfers thus far and more likely on the way, the bolts are already starting to pop out from Penn State’s football jalopy.
The understanding of the need for culture change at Penn State lasted all of two weeks, if it ever existed at all beyond worthless words from impotent administrators.
Beaver Stadium will roar this year, and soon. 106,000 Penn State football fans will chant “We are!!” as their white-helmeted heroes charge from the tunnel, united against all their perceived enemies.
The NCAA handed out unprecedented sanctions against Penn State Monday morning. Here are the penalties as outlined by the NCAA in their own words.
The NCAA says that it will decide on whether to take action at the “appropriate time” in connection with its inquiry into Penn State and the child sexual abuse scandal that led to the ouster of Hall of Fame coach Joe Paterno.
NCAA president Mark Emmert has issued a formal letter to Penn State in regards to the child sex abuse allegations surrounding former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky .
At its very roots, this scandal happened for the same reasons all other college scandals and ensuing cover-ups have occurred: College presidents, athletic directors and coaches have too much power and think they are invincible.
It is unclear whether or not Penn State has actually violated NCAA rules, but President Mark Emmert released a statement Thursday indicating that the NCAA will look into whether or not any bylaws were violated and act accordingly.
As far as NCAA scandals go, this is as bad as it gets. It’s worse than the worst recruiting violation. It’s worse than free tattoos. It’s worse than top bowl officials skimming money off the top for themselves.
When I hear the name Mark Emmert mentioned, I don’t think Al Capone, John Gotti, or Carlo Gambino. But Illinois congressman Bobby Bush does.
$2,000 in extra spending money for student athletes, huh? I can live with that.
NCAA President Mark Emmert says he supports a proposal to allow conferences to increase grants to student athletes by $2,000, “to more closely approach” the full cost of attending college.
The college football world continues to be filled with controversy. Earlier this week it was Jim Tressel and Terrelle Pryor, now the Justice Department is taking aim at the BCS.
NCAA president Mark Emmert wants to take a tougher stance against NCAA rule breakers.
The Justice Department wants to know why the NCAA doesn’t have a college football playoff system and says there are “serious questions” about whether the current format to determine a national champion complies with antitrust laws.
The NCAA has created a new task force to look at the criteria and process for licensing Division I bowls and will place a three-year moratorium on new bowls.
Oh boy. The NCAA is giving me a migraine headache…and I don’t even get migraines.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!