Former Cubs outfielder Marlon Byrd was suspended 50 games after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance.
I’m sure he’s saying some of his best friends are black.
The Boston Red Sox acquired center fielder Marlon Byrd from the Chicago Cubs on Saturday in an attempt to shore up their injury-plagued outfield and reverse an early season slide.
Cincinnati batted around in the first inning and cruised to a 9-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Friday for the 10,000th win in franchise history.
Hanley Ramirez homered for the third game in a row, Mark Buehrle pitched eight innings for his first victory with Miami and the Marlins beat the slumping Chicago Cubs 9-1 on Wednesday night.
Jake Westbrook allowed one earned run in seven strong innings and rookie Matt Carpenter homered, tripled and drove in five runs in the St. Louis Cardinals’ 10-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
To put it simply, things are bleak for Cubs nation right now.
As Ryan Dempster left the field at Wrigley to a standing ovation, the Chicago Cubs looked ready to start the Theo Epstein era on a winning note. The cheers didn’t last. The lead didn’t either.
The Cubs completely revamped their entire organization when they brought in team president Theo Epstein, general manager Jed Hoyer and manager Dale Sveum.
Seth Smith had a two-run double among his three hits, and the Oakland Athletics scored three unearned runs off Paul Maholm in the first inning and beat the Chicago Cubs 4-3 in a game between split squads Saturday.
The Cubs front office wasn’t the only thing that got a makeover this offseason.
Marlon Byrd filled up the reporter’s notebook on Saturday. The first thing you noticed seeing is that there is less of him…20 lbs to be exact.
Cubs fans, it’s OK to get excited. Good things are coming. But before those things can happen, there are a few matters Epstein needs to address
Starlin Castro desperately wanted to get his 200th hit of the season in front of a supportive crowd at Wrigley Field. Now he’ll move on to St. Louis and try to reach the milestone.
Brett Myers benefited from a reversed homer call to beat the Chicago Cubs again and Clint Barmes had a two-run single to help the Houston Astros to a 3-2 victory Sunday.
Aramis Ramirez hit a two-run single with two outs in the ninth inning, rallying the Chicago Cubs past the New York Mets 5-4 after blowing a three-run lead in the eighth Saturday.
Randy Wells pitched six strong innings and Marlon Byrd drove in two runs as the Chicago Cubs beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 6-3 Sunday to avoid a three-game sweep.
Mike Quade has a tough road ahead in trying to find the proper balance of winning and developing unproven talent that may affect the organization’s future.
Madison Bumgarner matched his career high with 11 strikeouts, Jeff Keppinger and Pablo Sandoval hit consecutive homers in the fourth inning, and the San Francisco Giants beat the Chicago Cubs 4-0 on Wednesday to snap a three-game skid and avoid a sweep.
Zack Greinke pitched effectively into the eighth to remain perfect at home, Corey Hart homered for the second time in as many days and the Milwaukee Brewers swept the Chicago Cubs with a 3-2 win on Sunday.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.146
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!