A body pulled from a lagoon on the southwest side has been identified as that of a missing teenager, reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore. Tonight, a tearful interview with the boy’s mother.
A man whose body was pulled from a lagoon in Marquette Park on the Southwest Side on Friday had been stabbed to death and his death has been ruled a homicide, an autopsy has found.
The body of an unidentified male was being pulled from the lagoon at the park in the 6700 block of South Kedzie Avenue.
Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man believed to be responsible for the sexual assaults of two teen girls about a week apart in the South Side Marquette Park neighborhood.
The man and woman were shot at 5:39 p.m. in the 3000 block of West 64th Street.
Porshe Foster, 15, was a sophomore in high school, a straight-A student, an aspiring architect, and an athlete. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
A “love triangle” led to a fatal drive-by shooting Saturday morning in the Marquette Park neighborhood, police said.
Two men are dead and at least six others wounded from gun violence in Chicago since Friday evening.
A man tried to abduct a child from a store in the Southwest Side Marquette Park neighborhood last week and now police are warning parents to be on the alert.
One teenage boy was killed and 12 others were injured in Chicago just between 9 p.m. Monday and 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Two men were killed and five people were wounded – including a 17-year-old pregnant girl – in a rash of shootings late Monday and early Tuesday.
In the wake of a rash of violent crime that has plagued the city in recent days, Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy announced plans Tuesday to place officers on overtime so they can saturate the most troubled areas.
A 16-year-old boy died after he was shot in the head Saturday night in the Marquette Park neighborhood.
Another violent night on the streets of Chicago has sent eight people – including two teenage boys – to the hospital.
Two people were critically wounded in a shooting in the Southwest Side Marquette Park neighborhood Wednesday night.
A rash of shootings around Chicago left one man dead and six others injured Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning.
One person is dead and at least another 16 wounded in violence throughout the city this weekend.
Three teenage boys were shot Tuesday afternoon in the Marquette Park neighborhood.
The 5-year-old child was jumping on a bed when a weapon discharged, apparently from underneath the mattress, police said.
A man is dead and 16 people were wounded throughout the city during apparently separate shootings Friday night and Saturday morning.
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.125
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!