Accoridng to Montreal Canadiens fan, he and Chicago Blackhawks’ goalie Marty Turco had a friendly $5 bet riding on Tuesday night’s game.
Coming into the season, goaltending wasn’t supposed to be a concern for the Chicago Blackhawks, and it hasn’t been. However, it wasn’t supposed to be Marty Turco, not Corey Crawford, in net for the Blackhawks.
Last time the Chicago Blackhawks and the Dallas Stars met, things in the Western Conference standings looked much differently.
Despite two goals in the second period and an onslaught of shots in the third, the Chicago Blackhawks were unable to come back from a three goal deficit.
Former Chicago Blackhawks goalie Antti Niemi helped the team win the Stanley Cup Championship last season before moving on to the San Jose Sharks as a free agent, on Tuesday he signed a four-year extension.
Marty Turco was brought to the Chicago Blackhawks to be the team’s primary starter and lead them during their Stanley Cup defense. But now, the former All-Star is the number two goalie in a two-goalie system.
The Chicago Blackhawks had a three goal lead facing the Dallas Stars Friday. Dallas took the game to a shootout and exploited a weakness discovered in Turco for a win.
The Chicago Blackhawks are under pressure to win games and acquire standings points. To try and do that against the third place Dallas Stars, the Blackhawks will turn to their veteran goalie.
The Chicago Blackhawks lost to the Vancouver Canucks after a late game meltdown yielded two goals. They continue their road trip Monday night against the Calgary Flames.
There might not be a better way for the Chicago Blackhawks to really jump start their push for the playoffs than traveling to Vancouver to take on one of their most bitter rivals.
In previous seasons the Chicago Blackhawks have split playing time between two goalies. This was supposed to be a season with one solidified goalie for the Chicago Blackhawks, and it has been for the most part.
Both the Chicago Blackhawks and the Minnesota Wild have been playing good hockey as of late and are trying to rack up as many standing points as possible.
The Chicago Blackhawks fell to the Predators Saturday, but didn’t let that happen again Sunday. Chicago scored four times in the third period to shut Nashville down.
The Blackhawks have their full roster available to them for one of the few times all season, last time it happened Jonathan Toews suffered a shoulder injury.
For each goal scored, the opposing team scored another. The Blackhawks scored twice in the second period within the final 23 seconds to keep the game tied, but were unable to break through San Jose’s defenses during the third period. After facing each other three times this season, the Blackhawks have lost each time.
Ty Conklin shut down a team that burned him for seven goals last month, stopping 25 shots in the St. Louis Blues’ 3-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks.
The Chicago Blackhawks have been playing some of their best hockey of the season and are riding a one of their longest winning streaks of the season.
The return of Hossa to the Blackhawks’ lineup welcomed by fans as the Blue Jackets struggled to earn their only goal. Chicago scored early and kept Columbus scoreless until the third period.
It seems as if the Blackhawks have figured everything out this season. The team is showing flashes of last year’s brilliance, and they’re going for their third straight victory.
Over parts of the last three seasons, the Blackhawks have lined up Nikolai Khabibulin, Cristobal Huet, Antti Niemi, Marty Turco and Corey Crawford in net.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!