It’s not often that a team gets the chance to redeem themselves immediately after a bad loss. Normally they have to wait several weeks before they can face a team again. However, that’s not the case for the Blackhawks.
The Blackhawks head to San Jose to take on the Sharks and with Anti Niemi struggling this season, he may not be in front of the net. The Blackhawks are looking for a third straight victory, despite losing the last time they faced the Sharks.
Adam Burish will return to the United Center for the first time since since the Stanley Cup Finals. However, this time he will do so as a visiting player and member of the Dallas Stars.
There’s good news and bad news for Blackhawks fans. Head coach Joel Quenneville said Patrick Kane will be out “upwards to three weeks” with a lower body injury.
The Blackhawks have won eight of the last nine meetings with the Flames, but lost the last time they faced each other. Chicago is hoping to recover from a 3-0 loss to the Canucks Friday where the Hawks saw a Turco they weren’t used to.
Luogno and the Canucks don’t play very well in the United Center and the Blackhawks are finally beginning to figure things out. Those two could make for a fun Friday night on Madison.
When the Blackhawks go for four in a row Friday night against the Canucks, they’ll do so with Marty Turco in net. It will be the first start in three games for Turco who has had a rough go lately.
Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa left Monday’s practice and did not return after colliding with teammate Nick Boynton.
Marian Hossa and the Blackhawks travel to San Jose to take on their rival, in the San Jose Sharks, and their old teammate, in Antti Niemi.
Antti Niemi will get his first crack at beating his former teammates from Chicago as the Blackhawks travel to San Jose to face off against the Sharks Wednesday night.
The Blackhawks dominated the Edmonton Oilers in the opening game of the “Circus Trip.” Tonight the Blackhawks travel to Calgary to shoot for 2-0 on the trip.
Saturday was a disappointing rematch from the playoffs as the Predators hunted down the Blackhawks in a shootout. The Blackhawks were ahead 3-2 going into the third period, but Nashville scored to bring the game into a scoreless overtime.
The Blackhawks head to Nashville to take on the Predators and remember the playoff excitement from defeating them in the quarterfinals. If the Blackhawks win, this would be the Predators’ fifth straight loss at home.
Dominant play at home was the key to last year’s success. Poor play at home has been the biggest obstacle the Blackhawks have had to face this year.
It remains very early in the 2010-11 NHL season but to many Blackhawks fans the defending Stanley Cup Champions have been a disappointment through the teams first 17 games.
It’s hard to pinpoint just how they’re generated or how they’re allowed but it’s response goals that are killing the Blackhawks right now.
The Blackhawks suffered their worst loss of the season against the Oilers on October 29th. They get another chance Sunday to show the Oilers aren’t better than the Blackhawks.
It was a close game between the Blackhawks and Thrashers as four former Hawks took the ice to face their old team. A 4-4 score sent the teams into a scoreless over time, then a shootout. Viktor Stalberg scored the winning goal for the Blackhawks.
The Blackhawks look to get a boost when Brian Campbell returns from injury tonight. Campbell and the Blackhawks travel to New York to take on the Rangers.
After suffering their worst loss of the season so far to the Oilers Friday night, the Blackhawks returned to their championship performance.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!