“We won today. If we win tomorrow, that’s two in a row. If we win the next day, that’s called a winning streak. It has happened before.” – Lou Brown, ‘Major League’
The Cubs lose 3-1 to Houston and leave Wrigley after their 3-6 homestand.
Carlos Marmol gave up six runs in the ninth inning as the Cubs lost their second consecutive game to last-place Houston.
Adam Dunn’s struggles at the beginning of the season were chalked up the slugger being unfamiliar with American League pitching and the adjustment to being a full-time designed hitter.
Cubs win 11-1 to open homestand against the New York Mets.
I had the absolute pleasure of spending three nights in Boston last week. It is easily one of my favorite places in the country. The people are incredibly kind and the pubs are plentiful.
A lot of Bears were in town yesterday to support Rashied Davis’ charity endeavor. Davis has started a “Saturday Club” for kids to help broaden their education and social awareness.
As I saw the lineup for Tuesday night’s game, it became clear to me that Mike Quade is going to continue to use another young player in a role he is not suited for.
Ryan Dempster hadn’t won a game at Wrigley Field since August 4, 2010.
Making his sixth start of the 2011 season, Casey Coleman, once again had command issues that led to a big inning for the Cardinals’ offense.
The division-leading St. Louis Cardinals and a 53-minute rain delay weren’t enough to stop Matt Garza who earned his first victory at Wrigley Field.
Chicago dropped game one to St. Louis 6-4.
The Cubs failed to execute as the Reds gave them opportunity after opportunity to win this game.
Game 3 in the series was postponed due to the forecast of rain the rest of the afternoon and throughout Wednesday evening. The game has been rescheduled for Monday, June 27th at 1:20 p.m.
Todd Helton hit two home runs for the visiting Colorado Rockies as they beat the Cubs 4 to 3. It was Helton’s 27th multi-homer game of his career.
The Cubs lost game one of their three game series with the Colorado Rockies 5-3, and it was a sloppy night.
It was downhill pretty quick for Cubs starting pitcher Casey Coleman as Chicago took on the Dodgers at Wrigley Field.
With the tarp covering the field at Wrigley, they have decided to wait out the next line of storms before first-pitch. The scheduled 1:20 start is being pushed back to 2:30 p.m.
With the Chicago Cubs leading 1-0 in the ninth inning of the first half of Wednesday’s Cubs doubleheader, Carlos Marmol walked Cameron Maybin, who would eventually score on a sacrifice fly to tie the game.
The worst situation that could have happened to Mike Quade in game one was the need to go to his bullpen early and often.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!