The 3-5 Titans might be 3-point underdogs when they host the Bears on Sunday, but WBBM Bears Radio analyst Tom Thayer says they’re still a dangerous team.
When you consider that 2011 was the first year Jeff Fisher wasn’t calling the shots in Tennessee in 17 years, and combine it with a protracted holdout involving their superstar running back, the Titans 9-7 record was impressive.
Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck revealed on Pro Football Talk Live Monday that in 1998 he turned down the chance to be the Bears’ starting quarterback in favor of staying on the Packers’ practice squad.
Seventh-round draft pick Tommie Campbell returned an interception 90 yards for a touchdown, and the Tennessee Titans rallied to beat the Chicago Bears 14-13 on Saturday night.
With the Super Bowl coming up in another week and a lockout looming for the NFL, celebrations might not as exciting as some would like. Owners want to make more money and cut the players earnings.
The Seattle Seahawks never really had much of a chance in their Divisional Round matchup with the Chicago Bears. From the first drive of the game it was clear it wasn’t going to be a good day for the Seahawks.
The Chicago Bears wanted to look more like the Monsters of the Midway. The Bears’ defense showed that kind of power Sunday when they dominated the Seattle Seahawks.
In November, the Chicago Bears fell to the Seahawks. Seattle’s blitz schemes resulted in six sacks of Cutler in their 23-10 victory. The Bears are ready for a different result in their push through the playoffs.
The Bears aren’t underestimating the Seattle Seahawks after they defeated the Saints last week and after their loss to Seattle in October.
The Chicago Bears ended the season at 11-5, winners of the NFC North and the second seed in the NFC Playoffs. The Seattle Seahawks finished 7-9 and lucked into the playoffs by winning the weak NFC West.
The Bears-Seahawks game on Sunday will matchup up two very different quarterbacks. Matt Hasselbeck, has played in a Super Bowl, Jay Cutler, on the other hand, will make his first postseason start.
Placed in the unfamiliar role of prohibitive favorites, the Bears seem to be doing and saying everything they can to feel otherwise.
The Chicago Bears ended the season as the second best team in the NFC, a far cry from where they started the season in most people’s eyes.
A win can do a lot for a team’s confidence, especially in the playoffs. And especially when the team, according to everyone outside of Seattle, didn’t deserve to be in the playoffs.
No one expected the Seattle Seahawks to knock off the defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints. Could the same fate await the Chicago Bears?
As soon the Packers’ late interception of Michael Vick sealed the certainty that the 8-9 Seattle Seahawks — the worst NFL team to ever win a playoff game — would face the Bears Sunday at noon, the sides of my head started doing what they do…
The NFL playoffs kicked off with the Seattle Seahawks facing the New Orleans Saints Saturday. With the Saints being knocked off in the wild card, it is now between the Seahawks or Eagles to face the Chicago Bears.
Seattle harasses the Bears on their turf. Banging away at Jay Cutler and the home team on the way to a 23-20 Seahawks win. MONDAYS WITH LOVIE – AUDIO HIGHLIGHTS – PHOTOS
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!