Northwestern failed its first big test of the season. A week after returning to the Top 25 for the first time since 2008, the No. 24 Wildcats wasted an 11-point lead in the fourth quarter, allowing three touchdowns in the final 9:49 in a 39-28 loss Saturday to Penn State.
No team in the history of college football has ever entered a season the way Penn State is in 2012.
Beaver Stadium will roar this year, and soon. 106,000 Penn State football fans will chant “We are!!” as their white-helmeted heroes charge from the tunnel, united against all their perceived enemies.
No. 24 Penn State quarterback Matt McGloin’s availability for the TicketCity Bowl on Jan. 2 is in question after the junior suffered a concussion and seizure after a locker-room scuffle with receiver Curtis Drake.
Montee Ball scored four more touchdowns in his pursuit of an NCAA record, powering No. 15 Wisconsin to a 45-7 rout of No. 20 Penn State and a spot in next week’s Big Ten championship game.
Adam Hoge takes a look ahead at this week’s Big Ten football action.
It was beginning to look like Penn State’s Joe Paterno wouldn’t get his 400th win from Northwestern until the second half. After half time, the Nittany Lions came back from their 21-7 deficit and kept the Wildcats from scoring again. Penn State won the game 35-21.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.706
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.464
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!