After locking up tight end Martellus Bennett with a four-year contract, the Bears promptly cut both Kellen Davis and Matt Spaeth.
Time offers the opportunity for perspective, so I thought it would be a good idea to wait each week to give my thoughts on the Bears game. The idea being that 24 hours allows for me to watch the game over and talk to a few more people. Hence, “The 24 Blog.”
A week ago, it was understandable to remain optimistic about the Bears chances going forward, despite obvious issues. This week, it’s impossible.
Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz doesn’t view tight ends like most NFL coaches.
Lovie Smith said Monday that right guard Chris Spencer has a small fracture in his right hand, but the injury does not appear to be serious.
Bears running back Marion Barber is expected to make his debut Sunday against the Panthers, while Earl Bennett (chest) and Gabe Carimi (knee) were officially ruled out.
Running back Marion Barber and safties Chris Harries and Major Wright all particpated fully in practice on Wednesday after missing last Sunday’s game against the Packers.
The reasons for the Bears’ inefficiencies are many, and shared. But, really. Somebody get open.
Laurence Holmes takes your Bears questions every week in his mailbag.
When it comes to protecting Jay Cutler, the focus centers on the offensive line, but the line and protection of Cutler extends out to the edge.
The mailbag heats up this week as the Bears get ready for their first preseason game against the Buffalo Bills Saturday.
The Bears traded tight end Greg Olsen to the Carolina Panthers for an undisclosed draft pick.
The Bears created quite a stir with their tight ends Thursday, releasing one, signing a different one and shopping another.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!