The Chicago White Sox announced six roster moves and set their Opening Day Roster after their game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
A few days ago the veteran left-hander experienced a twinge of discomfort in his throwing elbow during a bullpen session and immediately was checked out by medical personnel.
Since its inception, the publication Baseball Prospectus seems to pick the White Sox to finish at the bottom of the standings each season.
The Chicago White Sox fell out of the AL Central lead for the first time in two months, walking 12 batters and losing to the Cleveland Indians 6-4 Wednesday night.
Gavin Floyd pitched seven crisp innings, Alex Rios hit a tiebreaking homer in the seventh and the Chicago White Sox beat the Kansas City Royals 3-2 on Tuesday night for their fifth consecutive win.
Veteran White Sox left-handed reliever Matt Thornton has had his share of rough outings this season.
Jose Quintana snapped a five-start winless streak and the Chicago White Sox held off the Toronto Blue Jays 3-2 Tuesday night for a rare victory at Rogers Centre.
Jonny Gomes homered to tie the game, and Brandon Inge hit a go-ahead single as the Oakland Athletics scored twice in the eighth inning and beat the Chicago White Sox 9-7 on Saturday night.
A.J. Pierzynski hit a two-run home run in the ninth inning and the Chicago White Sox held on to beat the Minnesota Twins 4-3 Tuesday night.
Matt Thornton was a disaster, well before Addison Reed finally arrived to allow the final blast. Thornton’s pitch selection was odd, and he’s been mediocre all season long.
Kevin Youkilis hit his first homer at Fenway Park as a visitor, driving a three-run shot over the Green Monster to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 7-5 win over the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday night.
The White Sox are a first place team, but is it really smart for them to go for it all this season? That’s a major question we ponder in this week’s mailbag.
The 33-year-old Kevin Youkilis is certainly not the player he used to be, but could he fit in on the South Side?
As the White Sox continue to hang around mediocrity, White Sox fans are naturally looking for answers and starting to wonder if the team will be buyers or sellers later this summer.
Philip Humber snapped out of his post-perfect game slump. This time, the rest of the Chicago White Sox let him down.
Shelley Duncan’s RBI double in the eighth inning gave Cleveland a soggy 3-2 win over the Chicago White Sox on Monday night in the second game of a day-night doubleheader delayed by rain.
I get it. We’re a month into the season and the questions you have about the White Sox are pretty much the same ones you had at the beginning of April.
After Gavin Floyd retired the first 14 Red Sox batters, he couldn’t help it. He was definitely thinking about the perfect game Phil Humber pitched last weekend.
Alex Rios led off the ninth inning with a home run and the Chicago White Sox got their first win for new manager Robin Ventura, beating the two-time defending American League champion Texas Rangers 4-3 on Saturday night.
Here’s a look at five players who may play key roles if this is going to be a positive season on either side of town. One name you won’t see on this list is Adam Dunn.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!