Russell Westbrook had 27 points and nine assists, Kevin Durant added 25 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder blasted the weary Los Angeles Lakers 119-90 on Monday night in the opening game of the Western Conference semifinals.
Pau Gasol had 23 points, 17 rebounds and six assists, Metta World Peace scored 15 points in his return from a seven-game suspension, and the Los Angeles Lakers outlasted the Denver Nuggets for a thrilling 96-87 victory in Game 7 on Saturday night to win their first-round series.
Ty Lawson scored 32 points, fellow spark plug Corey Brewer added 18 and the Denver Nuggets forced a Game 7 in their first-round playoff series with a dominating 113-96 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday night.
Kobe Bryant scored 38 points, Andrew Bynum followed up his playoff-opening triple-double with 27 points and nine rebounds, and the Los Angeles Lakers weathered Denver’s late rally for a 104-100 victory over the Nuggets on Tuesday night, taking a 2-0 series lead.
Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill has been charged with felony assault resulting from an altercation with his girlfriend, according to the Houston district attorney’s office.
Metta World Peace got busy tweeting to his 324,000+ followers on Friday night: (Most recent on top) “I’m out socially right now..Lots of girls.. Just conversation.. But they scared to sit next to me.The afraid of my elbows.Not a good feeling”
The NBA lockout-shortened regular season has come to a close and the playoff teams have been decided. Let’s take a look at the Eastern Conference matchups to give you insight into who we think will come out on top.
Chicago is no longer America’s top sports city, according to a ranking done by the Sporting News.
In addition to being awarded the Larry O’Brien Trophy as NBA Champions, the Dallas Mavericks were given another honor following their 105-95 Game 6 win over the Miami Heat, they’ve been named Honorary Ohioans.
The Miami Herald ran an ad in Monday’s paper congratulating the Heat on winning the NBA Championship, the only problem is that they didn’t, the Dallas Mavericks did.
Rarely has Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert passed up an opportunity to take a shot at his former superstar LeBron James, and Gilbert did it again shortly after the Heat lost to the Mavericks.
Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks are NBA champions, and they went through LeBron James for that long-awaited first title.
Dallas Mavericks guard Jason Terry went out on a limb, and he did it in a fairly permanent way, in the form of a tattoo. With one more win, he’ll get to keep that tattoo of the NBA’s championship trophy – plus have the real thing.
Ever since the Miami Heat eliminated the Chicago Bulls in that joke of a series known as the Eastern Conference finals last month, I felt like I could literally get sick at the thought of the Miami Heat hoisting up the Larry O’ Brien Trophy.
Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks finally have the lead in these ultra-close NBA finals, and now it really is “now or never” for LeBron James and the Miami Heat.
If the NBA Finals between the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat wasn’t already interesting enough, Dallas guard DeShawn Stevenson just added a big storyline by calling out Miami’s LeBron James.
There is a reason we love sports. The drama, the athleticism, the unpredictability. But every so often we get a chance to watch a truly loathsome team lose a game they never should have and no matter the victor, we all enjoy the spoils.
Good news for the Heat: They’re the only team still unbeaten at home in this year’s playoffs. Better news for the Heat: To win the NBA championship, they only need to stay that way.
Robert “Tractor” Traylor, the former NBA lottery pick and University of Michigan player has died at the age of 34.
A year ago the Cleveland Cavaliers were a contender for an NBA title. One “decision” later and they’ve set an NBA record for consecutive losses.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!