Rev. Jesse Jackson said Wednesday that his son Jesse Jackson Jr.’s decision to resign from Congress has caused “a great sense of pain” for his family, but he said they’ve been encouraged by all the support they’ve received from the public.
Several members of Illinois’s congressional delegation have joined the growing chorus of voices pressuring U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) to speak out about his ongoing medical and legal troubles.
A day after Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. left his second stint at the Mayo Clinic, a source close to the Jackson family said the congressman was still in Rochester, Minn., in an effort to avoid the spotlight.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was released from the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota on Tuesday, after a second stint there to be treated for bipolar disorder.
Jesse Jackson Jr.’s publicist says the ailing Illinois congressman has voted by absentee ballot.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s publicist says the ailing Illinois congressman has voted by absentee ballot.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson says his congressman son has checked back into the Mayo Clinic for an evaluation.
Embattled Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. received a show of support from two of his U.S. House colleagues Monday as he prepared to go back to the Mayo Clinic for continuing mental health treatment.
Sources said Friday that Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. is planning to return to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, as he continues treatment for bipolar disorder.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson says his son will not be ready to return to Congress in the immediate future.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) has been released from the Mayo Clinic.
This time, Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich stops by the medical facility where Jackson is being treated for Bipolar II Disorder.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is in a “deep” depression and has “a lot of work” ahead of him on the road to recovery, former Rhode Island U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy says.
The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota has provided a new update on their treatment of U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL), revealing the congressman is being treated for bipolar disorder.
It appears that U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) has been thinking about his political future since he has been in the hospital.
Several experts in psychiatry tell the Associated Press that a complicating physical illness may have arisen during the treatment of U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. for depression. But the congressman’s father, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, won’t confirm it.
A statement Friday from the Mayo Clinic represents the most specific information to date about the medical issues plaguing the embattled South Side congressman.
Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew was diagnosed with esophageal cancer back in December. On Friday, he announced that has settled in for the final days of his life saddening friends and fans of the former Minnesota Twin.
Harmon Killebrew announced today, via a statement released by the Minnesota Twins that he has been diagnosed with esophageal cancer.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!