She’s got a Harvard law degree and served as Indiana’s attorney general, but Karen Freeman-Wilson is about take on her toughest challenge yet as the newly-elected mayor of Gary, Ind.
The transition plan that Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel unveiled this week is a blueprint for how he intends to change things at City Hall. Andy Shaw of the Better Government Association weighs in.
Mayor-elect Emanuel Rahm Emanuel has ordered all department heads to cut management costs by 10 percent, which would necessitate cuts of about 1,300 jobs.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel will take office in just one week, and he says “The whole city is excited to start something new.”
Call off the Clash of the Titans. Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel and a potential enemy, powerful Ald. Ed Burke, had a private meeting and called a truce as the city budget continues to gush red ink.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel and Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle are teaming up to make more jobs and summer programs available for young people in the City of Chicago.
The Chicago Police Board has picked three finalists for a new superintendent, which would be narrowed down to two finalists when crossed with the four candidates picked by Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel.
The day after he suggested he was looking at the matter, Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel is reassuring non-for-profit groups that he does not intend to end their property tax exemptions.
Two outsiders and a Chicago Police insider reportedly have the inside-track to become the next police superintendent.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel says he’s keeping the team that Mayor Richard M. Daley appointed to run the City Colleges of Chicago.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel says he wants to look at some of Chicago’s budget problems from a different perspective.
A day after naming a new team to run the city’s public schools, Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel announced Tuesday that he’s tapping former Cook County Commissioner Forrest Claypool to run the CTA.
Parents of Chicago Public School students saw Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel’s choice of a new CPS chief as an opportunity for change in the school system.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel has named Rochester, N.Y., schools superintendent Jean-Claude Brizard as his choice for the next Chicago Public Schools chief executive.
Plans are coming together for the inauguration of Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel, including a free public concert by the band Chicago.
A major school reform package advanced in an Illinois Senate committee in Springfield on Thursday, with an unusual coalition of lawmakers, school districts and teachers unions supporting the measure.
Mayor Richard M. Daley revealed on Wednesday that he and Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel have had a lot more contact recently that many of us have been led to believe. The two, he said, have been meeting regularly to talk about transition.
More than 40 candidates have applied to become Chicago’s next police superintendent, officials said Tuesday.
Today is the deadline for applications for the job of Chicago Police superintendent.
Mayor Daley continued feeling the love of Chicagoans on his newly launched farewell tour. Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel was busy mending fences.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!